22mm front sway bar

This is a discussion on 22mm front sway bar within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2002 WRX. I want to install a 22mm front sway bar and I'm looking for some good ...

22mm front sway bar

I have a 2002 WRX.

I want to install a 22mm front sway bar and I'm looking for some good inexpensive endlinks, upgraded sway bar brackets and polyurethane mounts.

There are endless options for endlinks and polyurethane mounts on the interweb, but I cannot see any listings for front sway bar brackets (plenty for the rear). Are the factory brackets acceptable for use with the 22mm swaybar?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Drexx
    Last edited by wahshow; 07-16-2013 at 03:28 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yep.

Kartboy endlinks are regarded as some of the better ones out there.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Factory brackets are fine for an aftermarket swaybar, although there's something to be said for the Whiteline upgraded ones (whether they're worth the money or not is debatable). If you're going with a 22mm bar in front, be sure to get an adjustable (e.g., Whiteline) swaybar, as you typically want a bit more front bar than rear. On a stock spring setup, I would say a 24 F / 22 R (going with a solid bar like Whiteline) is an ideal setup. Hollow bars would need a bit larger diameter, since they aren't as stiff as compared to their solid equivalents. Honestly, you'd be better off getting an adjustable 24mm bar up front, in case you decide to upgrade springs down the line, so you can bump up the front bar to a 26mm setting, without having to do a new install (you just adjust which hole the endlink bolt goes through).

I talk quite a bit about Whiteline in this post in regards to swaybars, because they're a company that focuses on suspension. They are fantastic products, but when choosing endlinks, I'd suggest going the Kartboy route (I know quite a few people who've switched from Whiteline to Kartboy due to noise). If you order endlinks through Turn-in Concepts (who I strongly urge you to), they supply the necessary spacers needed to pair Whiteline sways with Kartboy endlinks free of charge.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

One word, Kartboy
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Factory brackets are fine for an aftermarket swaybar, although there's something to be said for the Whiteline upgraded ones (whether they're worth the money or not is debatable). If you're going with a 22mm bar in front, be sure to get an adjustable (e.g., Whiteline) swaybar, as you typically want a bit more front bar than rear. On a stock spring setup, I would say a 24 F / 22 R (going with a solid bar like Whiteline) is an ideal setup. Hollow bars would need a bit larger diameter, since they aren't as stiff as compared to their solid equivalents. Honestly, you'd be better off getting an adjustable 24mm bar up front, in case you decide to upgrade springs down the line, so you can bump up the front bar to a 26mm setting, without having to do a new install (you just adjust which hole the endlink bolt goes through).

I talk quite a bit about Whiteline in this post in regards to swaybars, because they're a company that focuses on suspension. They are fantastic products, but when choosing endlinks, I'd suggest going the Kartboy route (I know quite a few people who've switched from Whiteline to Kartboy due to noise). If you order endlinks through Turn-in Concepts (who I strongly urge you to), they supply the necessary spacers needed to pair Whiteline sways with Kartboy endlinks free of charge.
    I actually want to do the 24mmF/22mmR, would the same apply when it comes to a 2012 as far as end links go?
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodical4u
    I actually want to do the 24mmF/22mmR, would the same apply when it comes to a 2012 as far as end links go?
    Yes
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC