Wheel fitment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Wheel fitment within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi. New to the forum. I have an 04 wrx lowered 2 inches and am looking for new wheels. I ...

Wheel fitment

Hi. New to the forum. I have an 04 wrx lowered 2 inches and am looking for new wheels. I found a set I want and just want to make sure they will fit properly without issues before purchasing. They are 17x7.5 with a 40mm offset. And what would be the best size tires to run with these. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Stock offset is +.53, so .40 is probably a little low. They would be sticking out from the fenders most likely. With your car lowered you would probably have significant rubbing. The wheel measurements are not bad other than the offset, and I would probably go with a 235 40 (or 35) 17 tire on that.

Ok thanks. Yeah I don't want to have to worry about rubbing. I'm just looking for a little more tire to the ground and a nice flush fit with the fenders. What would be the right offset, wheel, and tire size? I want a 17 inch wheel with a width in the range of 7-8.5 inches.

I Support ClubWRX
    If I were you I wouldn't go less than .45 offset. There are some bugeye owners on here that will probably chime in, but just to give you some ideas check out this thread. The Official Wheel Thread

I think an 8 inch wheel would look better if you are looking for more tire to the ground. Where abouts do you live? Are you driving in mostly nice weather?

I live in Pennsylvania. Worst roads in the country. Lol. And winter weather to deal with but I'm keeping my stock wheels with winter tires on them so weather isn't an issue. Thanks for helping.

I Support ClubWRX
    No prob. I live in Maine, so I can feel your pain. I have my stockers with winter tires on them too.

I Support ClubWRX
    I wouldnt worry about that wheel setup. Depending on tire size 215 or so should be fine. a 44 or 45 may be a little better without worry of rub but a rear fender roll isnt hard.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    I wouldnt worry about that wheel setup. Depending on tire size 215 or so should be fine. a 44 or 45 may be a little better without worry of rub but a rear fender roll isnt hard.
    I would think a 225 tire might be a little better on 7.5 since the OP is looking for a wider tire.
    Last edited by 11blackSTi; 06-25-2013 at 03:18 AM.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    I would think a 225 tire might be a little better on 7.5 since the OP is looking for a wider tire.
    Agreed. I had 225 on my 7.5" wheel and the sidewall was nearly vertical. My 225s are now on my 17x8 and the sidewall is slightly less vertical. I'll go with 235s next time.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Very helpful on tires but what would be the proper offset then for a 7 or 8 inch wheel with a flush fitment with fender and no rubbing issues with my lowered stance?

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMatt04WRX View Post
    Very helpful on tires but what would be the proper offset then for a 7 or 8 inch wheel with a flush fitment with fender and no rubbing issues with my lowered stance?
    Google it. Proper fitment has nothing to do with "flush to the fender." The number is based off what offset is properly utilized by the suspension geometry.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    A proper fitment on an 04 WRX is 17x8 or 18x8 with et of 48 and a 235/40/18 tire or a 235/40/18

I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry 235/45/17

Thank you very much! That's what I was looking for. Now time to shop

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    I have 17x9 +45 with 245/40. I barely rubbed before rolling the rears, now I have zero rub after the roll. My car is only dropped 1.5" or so. Full steering w/ out issues, the wheels fit flush but still stay under the fenders, I cant stand when they stick out.

2002 bugeye. Not sure if there are differences between our fenders and susp.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast