2009 WRX suspension question!

This is a discussion on 2009 WRX suspension question! within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm 100% this topic has probably been covered in-depth, but I'm new to the subaru world. My question is, my ...

2009 WRX suspension question!

I'm 100% this topic has probably been covered in-depth, but I'm new to the subaru world. My question is, my 2009 WRX has crazy amounts of body roll. So I'm thinking of either lowering it on coilovers or just getting stiffer springs.

What are some good brands? What would you guys recommend?

Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

For body roll a much cheaper option would be stiffer end links and sway bars. Those will help tighten up the car

been covered a million times.

Cliff notes...if you're gonna get coils, anything that's worth it will cost you $2000 or more. None of the Megan Racing, Raceland, or BC bull****...

You would be better off getting some RCE Yellow springs, KYB AGX/Tokico D-Spec struts, and Group-N top hats. Couple that with upgraded sway bars and endlinks and you're gonna be handling much better.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Sways and endlinks, are the easiest. I'd skip the lowering/sport springs because of possible compromising of the struts that are not valved for higher rate lower travel springs.

For coilovers there's a lot but plenty of happy people on BC/BR's, KW Variants, and several others starting around $1k and moving up quickly. Now the lower end stuff is of course less travel and usually not as adjustable, plus it's heavier, lower quality mass produced product too. Also, coilovers do require maintenance and have a lower life expectancy that struts combos though. The good news is you can play with the ride height when needed and most have some adjustability to change the cars feel for DD or spirited/track driving duties.

Another popular set up and what I hope to have for my winter set up when i'm not lowered as much on my BC's, would be the GT Worx/ Bilstein struts with RCE Black springs combo. It's about $1250 but has longevity along with great ride characteristics and lower maintenance. The trade of is adjustability height wise and damping/rebound wide.

I'd say if you want to plug and play, go GT Worx/RCE and if you're into the adjustbility....go with coilovers at your given budget/function requirements.

Surf the build threads, pic threads, and suspension threads for plenty of info and pics, then read up on those members and how they like the parts.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Scoob1318 View Post
    For body roll a much cheaper option would be stiffer end links and sway bars. Those will help tighten up the car
    Stiffer spring rates have as much of a profound impact on body roll on turn in because they limit body shift and diving on turn-in. When you put all these components together, they work very well together to greatly improve handling.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning