Maximum negative camber is a +.3
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Maximum negative camber is a +.3 within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I took my car to get aligned and they said the maximum negative camber they could do was a ...

Maximum negative camber is a +.3

So I took my car to get aligned and they said the maximum negative camber they could do was a +.3! Is this possible? They said they got a -1.2 on the rear so they know what negative camber is... Is there anything that they may be missing?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    STU 17
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #117
    WATCH THIS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You should be able to go way more than that...at least -1 prob -1.5 since you have a hawkeye

Do they know what they're doing? If I recall correctly there's some kinda "off-center" nut to adjust camber. And positive is definitively wrong.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

I Support ClubWRX
    Take it to another shop. They clearly do not know what they are talking about.

A good custom alignment will likely cost more, but is well worth it.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    They may not have unbolted both bolts on the strut "ear" thingies. If you don't do both bolts you are very limited in adjustment. Another possibility is that they are developmentally disabled.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Find a new alignment shop.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    You should find a shop that is familiar with custom alignments. Call around, ask lots of questions.

Camber bolts added to the rear are a nice addition for autox. They add more adjustability in the rear.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Another possibility is that they are developmentally disabled.
    Nice ...
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 06-14-2013 at 03:37 PM.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    Mods & Pics

So I spent $80 on an alignment should I just try to get them to fix it or eat that money and go someone else

STU 17
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #117
    WATCH THIS

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruWRC View Post
    So I spent $80 on an alignment should I just try to get them to fix it or eat that money and go someone else
    Ouch. Try to be pleasant and carefully explain what it was you were after. Did you state this clearly up front?

They may not have unbolted both bolts on the strut "ear" thingies. If you don't do both bolts you are very limited in adjustment.
    This is no doubt what happened. I was so amused by the developmentally disabled comment I whizzed right past it. Tell them there are two bolts.
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 06-14-2013 at 04:05 PM.
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by SubaruWRC View Post

Tell them that they should fix it at least to factory spec. If they can't then they shouldn't be in business and you will certainly post your reviews of your experience. Don't make a negative threat, but let them know that you are unhappy with the service. As far as I'm concerned, that's a major service failure.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Tell them that they should fix it at least to factory spec. If they can't then they shouldn't be in business and you will certainly post your reviews of your experience. Don't make a negative threat, but let them know that you are unhappy with the service. As far as I'm concerned, that's a major service failure.
    Good answer. Try to get them to adjust the front - if that fails ask for factory specs and move on $80 poorer, but wiser for the experience.
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    I was so amused by the developmentally disabled comment I whizzed right past it. Tell them there are two bolts.
    Yoda said it. "Disabled, you are. Developmentally."

WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Roffles!
    Mods & Pics

They may not have unbolted both bolts on the strut "ear" thingies. If you don't do both bolts you are very limited in adjustment. Another possibility is that they are developmentally disabled.
    Props for using the current accepted terminology!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Sasquatch. I told them exactly what I wanted which was maximum negative camber in the front and rear with zero cross camber. And zero toe. Can anyone point me to where I can find a how to on what bolts to undo.

STU 17
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #117
    WATCH THIS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast