Air Suspension 2008 WRX

This is a discussion on Air Suspension 2008 WRX within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello, I'm somewhat new here and semi-new to car mods. I really enjoy the look of an airbagged car. I've ...

Air Suspension 2008 WRX

Hello,

I'm somewhat new here and semi-new to car mods. I really enjoy the look of an airbagged car. I've read quite a bit about STI/WRX owners with bagged suspension that say they handle perfectly fine with the right setup, and they notice near to no performance/handling drops. Then there's those whom 10000% oppose airbag suspension and will just constantly trash talk it with no statistical value to their arguments besides their own opinion based off of their own assumptions. Then there's fanboys who drop springs and bag their cars and stick giant spoilers or whatever the hell else they think is "cool" then ruin their cars on speedbumps etc. I honestly don't want to be apart of both of those groups, I want some factual data.

How much would I look into spending for airbag suspensions for my 08 WRX?
    Does anyone here have them or know someone with air suspension that has their own personal input on how they like/dislike them?
    Does anyone have some statistics or videos on what I should expect or how it would affect my subi?

Personal opinions are perfectly fine, but please, there's no reason to harass someone if you're 100% for or against it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I would be one of those 100% against it.. mainly because the only reason I can see a want/need for air suspension would be for looks only, and personally I think the dropped to the ground look is horrible.

That said, I used to have a friend who had air suspension on his car and I felt very unsafe riding in it. There was zero feedback from the road, almost like you're floating on air (go figure). Without being able to feel the road the driver cannot react properly to changes in condition or emergency maneuvers, such as in a skid.

answer for question #1: i think they run at least $3k. i know that's the price for gs300s...
    answer for question #2: no answer.
    and #3: i'm a fan of this car... Whiteout on Vimeo

i agree with mainframe, the only reason I would ever run air is for a show car. But I'm an handling/performance guy so I wouldn't get air for my car unless its a vip/show car.
    and wrx/sti's are meant for handling/performance. i say we live up to it and just get coilovers if you want to go low.

Quote Originally Posted by henressyy View Post
    answer for question #1: i think they run at least $3k. i know that's the price for gs300s...
    answer for question #2: no answer.
    and #3: i'm a fan of this car... Whiteout on Vimeo

i agree with mainframe, the only reason I would ever run air is for a show car. But I'm an handling/performance guy so I wouldn't get air for my car unless its a vip/show car.
    and wrx/sti's are meant for handling/performance. i say we live up to it and just get coilovers if you want to go low.
    How much are coilovers? Some decent ones, not poop.
    I honestly will probably go that route then.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Good coilovers will run you around $2,100 and up.

yeah, and decent ones will run you about $1200.