Sparco new wheel help!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Sparco new wheel help! within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi I ordered new Sparco Assetto Gara matte bronze wheels from tirerack and got them last week. I checked them ...

Sparco new wheel help!

Hi
    I ordered new Sparco Assetto Gara matte bronze wheels from tirerack and got them last week. I checked them over and found that the inside rim of 3 wheels had scratches (enough that I could see white in the scratch. Must be some under coat or alloy)
    I called TR and they were really helpful and sent 3 new wheels on 2 day shipping.
    So I get the 3 new and again the inside rim on all 3 of the new wheels have some small scratches or the finish looks thinner in spots.

Has anyone else experienced this with Sparco or other wheels? Is it normal for the inner rim to have some manufacturing differences or is this just bad storage by TR? (none of the boxes were damaged on shipment so it wasn't that).

I'm calling TR tomorrow morning but I'm not sure if I'm being to anal expecting $145 wheels to be scratch free when you get them???

Thanks
    Jared

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The price shouldn't matter, $145 or $400, new items shouldn't be scratched.

Since they probably can't deliver scratch free wheels, ask for some compensation for the damage and your aggravation. Find out what it would cost to get them touched-up so that you have a valid reference point. Then pocket the money and feel better about the whole transaction.
    '02 WRX Wagon
    RCE wagon springs
    Koni inserts
    Com-C Top Mounts
    Kartboy Endlinks
    Sedan rear swaybar
    Others little stuff

I mean in the grand scheme of things, Sparco wheels haven't been known to be the best out there...perhaps you pay for what you get considering quality is usually a little lesser with lesser priced goods.

I'd still be upset at brand new item not being up to par as well though. At least Tire Rack's customer service appears to be doing what they can to help you.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

HI,
    So I have resolved the issue with TR. I spoke with them yesterday and they said it's unlikely that any wheel is going to come un scratched or with some kinda of weirdness to the finish on the inner outside rim. I guess for the painting of the rims they have to lay them down and that is the side the gets laid down. Also, the inside rim is not part of their warranty. (They also said you'll never see it... but car people are a diferent breed!!!!)
    To TRs credit their customer support is awesome. She didn't pass me to some manager or anything the people on the phone actually know a lot and can resolve an issue on their own. Which I think is great. I'll buy from them again.

The TR lady decided to give me credit for all four wheels b/c I wasn't completely satisfied. She also said keep one of the center caps as a spare since they have tons of extras, in case i scratch one down the road. She said pick the best 4 wheels I like out of the total 7 i have and they will pick up the other 3 today some time.

So really... yeah it's annoying that they don't come perfect. I can understand if there is a manufacturing limitation to make them perfect on the inside. To be clear they do look great on the outside rim and center part of the wheel. Really it's not TRs fault... it would be good if OZ could manufacture them with out this issue, but maybe that would jack the price up more...

i'm happy now. Got some discount, they will look good. And i'm off to Discount Tire for them to mount my tires!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.