Warped wheels help
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Warped wheels help within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi I've managed to warp my passenger side wheels. Yes both front and back. The painful thing is when I ...

Warped wheels help

Hi
    I've managed to warp my passenger side wheels. Yes both front and back. The painful thing is when I hit 65+ mph my steering wheel visibly shakes. The guys at discount tire rebalanced my wheels and that helped with some of the shake (used to shake at only 50mph!). Anyways they pointed out my problem was I warped my right wheels.

So I'm concerned if driving with these wheels will have any ill effect on my difs. It's currently not my DD so I'm not driving it while I pick some new rims. But I might be starting a new job soon and loosing my current company DD.

Short question then is it bad to drive with bent wheels on the passenger side both front and back?

Thanks
    Jared

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah that is not safe. You need new wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Yeah that is not safe. You need new wheels.
    I'm still in control of the car at that speed the shaking steering wheel just takes the pleasure out of driving at that speed. So safety not being an issue should I expect any wear and tear on my differentials? I know mismatched wheels size can play havoc on the dif so I'm guessing misshaped might have some bad consequences.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DorBink View Post
    I'm still in control of the car at that speed the shaking steering wheel just takes the pleasure out of driving at that speed. So safety not being an issue should I expect any wear and tear on my differentials? I know mismatched wheels size can play havoc on the dif so I'm guessing misshaped might have some bad consequences.
    First and foremost, it is not safe to be driving with warped wheels (especially at high speeds). Second, if you feel the shaking then it is not good for your car. You'll probably wear out the wheel bearings and most likely do some suspension damage as well. Not to mention your tires will probably wear out very quickly.

Cool thanks for talking sense into me. I need to figure out some new wheels sooner than later I guess... And jut park that car for now.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.