Subaru WRX Forum banner

Handbrake Light

610 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  06ltd 
#1 · (Edited)
Back in February I hit a curb in the snow. Asshat move but it was completely buried. Anyway, I replaced the right rear strut and knuckle and am back on the road. The (used) replacement knuckle had a busted ABS sensor ring so I just pulled the fuse for the ABS until I bother to split the hub and install another one. Since I rebuilt the handbrake assembly on the new knuckle the dash light won't go out.

I've checked the switch in the console, pulled the plug off the master cylinder (and reattached it), topped off the brake fluid, checked that the MC float was free and floating, and replaced the front brake pads (one of them had broken up and was squeaking, thanks Hawk XP). The handbrake isn't dragging (I had it on a lift this morning) and works better than it did before I rebuilt it but nothing will get the light to go out. Is it related to the ABS system? Any thoughts? Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.