seems like ive tuned out my tossability. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on seems like ive tuned out my tossability. within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; thanks mycologist! yes it made a whooping difference. i was a little 'aww dammit' when i had the lower bolts ...

thanks mycologist! yes it made a whooping difference. i was a little 'aww dammit' when i had the lower bolts finger tight and that was the most i could get without completely removing the knuckle to see what was keeping it from breaking into the -1.2s or better.

man the reviews on the com c tophats are great! you know for a non-full race tune. maybe some of them too. i was thinking there was adjustments when you said you can get more camber out of them. just the flexibility of the better bushing? or would i need camber bolts(camber plates?) front to wring out the extra depth. honestly its so good already its crazy. the steering wheel feels lighter and more connected than ever. all those parts now made a difference. and i am jacked that i did the alignment myself without help from our alignment master. although he will be double checking my work tomorrow(this was my weekend assignment. here's the machine. here's your parts. have it done by tuesday.) man i am so close to lol!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

alrighty. +1.75 to -1.75 degree rear camber bolts sitting co-pilot. available locally WTH?? cool!

TiC. You guys rock. got my parts in great time even ordering right before the memorial day weekend. cant wait to get those bushings in. that will complete the undercarriage. yup, all of them. holy crumbs

subarugenuineparts. thanks guys for combining my two late night back to back orders into a single order. saved me some shipping and i would swear that spt battery tie down made my car faster.

tomorrow with any luck i finish this beast known as custom alignment after a total bushing overhaul. a total system upgrade. wonder what that is going to do to my placing in the scca rules for solo street prepared.

Aww who cares. put me wherever, ill have fun smoking cones and corners in whatever class im in.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tirerob View Post
    alrighty. +1.75 to -1.75 degree rear camber bolts sitting co-pilot. available locally WTH?? cool!

TiC. You guys rock. got my parts in great time even ordering right before the memorial day weekend. cant wait to get those bushings in. that will complete the undercarriage. yup, all of them. holy crumbs

subarugenuineparts. thanks guys for combining my two late night back to back orders into a single order. saved me some shipping and i would swear that spt battery tie down made my car faster.

tomorrow with any luck i finish this beast known as custom alignment after a total bushing overhaul. a total system upgrade. wonder what that is going to do to my placing in the scca rules for solo street prepared.

Aww who cares. put me wherever, ill have fun smoking cones and corners in whatever class im in.
    The hole in the top of the Com C is not in the middle of the top hat, and there are two orientations you can mount them in

Keep the rear camber .5 degree less negative than the front.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX

Oh! Aaaaooooooooohhhh ( word) that is clever! There is a napkin with scribbles and coffee stains somewhere worth is weight in gold .

well, rear camber bolts in. initial set was not so great so i came back today for one more try at the front and came up with this. not to bad and better than it was for sure. also with the rear camber bolts came the clunk killer kit(thank you tic!) AAAAAnnndd the lateral link bushing kit. FAIL! lol. the long bolt on the knuckle? frozen solid to the bushing's steel crush sleve and the knuckle. read horror stories, ordered new bolts and hardware. honestly they can wait for a while. i need a break from car to train for a upcoming tournament, ive been slacking. but with the camber bolts in the rear and a braand new set ready for the front i am almost there. sooo close, but it will have to wait until after the 15th. we'll see if i can keep my hands off my car till then. sure, as easy as quiting mountian dew after 25 years.......

i set the rear at -1.0 on purpose, hopefully i can install the new bolts up front and achieve -1.5 camber and the rear will be already good barring a little tweak or so. we'll see after the last bushings go in, i might have a mess to straighten out heh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails alignment 3.jpg  
    Last edited by tirerob; 08-20-2013 at 11:30 PM. Reason: late night grilled ham n cheese+smores.

I Support ClubWRX
    Rear camber looks perfect. I did the trailing arms but left the lateral links alone. Bigsky had an awesome little press to do the onboard bushing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12