Brake Fluid
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Brake Fluid within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey I'm changing my brake fluid pretty soon and I was wondering what kind of fluid would be best for ...

Brake Fluid

Hey I'm changing my brake fluid pretty soon and I was wondering what kind of fluid would be best for circuit racing? Would I need to change parts if i convert to DOT 4?
    ..Oh and its for an '08 WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ATE super blue (or the amber version) Good fluid that a bunch of us use and with the two colors it makes flushing a bit easier.

others run Motul
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by spirited09wrx View Post
    ATE super blue (or the amber version) Good fluid that a bunch of us use and with the two colors it makes flushing a bit easier.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

KHP
    +1 to above replys.

I flushed my brake system after 2.5 years on the factory fluid. "ATE Super Blue" and "TYP 200" are awesome brake fluids(interchangeable blue and clear color for a complete flush indication). They provide high boiling point and great solid brake feel.

BTW one thing I learned is the factory bleed isn't good at all. My brake lines were still full of air bubbles from the factory. Look into purchasing "Motive Power Bleeder" if you have some extra cash. It makes brake system flush breeze and pretty much guarantee a perfect bleed.

FYI DOT3 and DOT4 fluids are compatible. So no need to change anything in the brake system.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

DOT 5 is the only one not compatible. I don;t remember why you cn't use it, or wat needs to be changed if you want to use it though.
    But just remember which on you're using. you're not supposed to mix fluids...DOT 3 with DOT 4.

I Support ClubWRX
    I've run the ATE and Motul 600. Both worked fine.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    Just remember that brake fluid is one of the best paint strippers there is. Wear nitrile gloves and be very careful not to spill it onto anything. Bleed the calipers into a bucket through some small diameter silicon tube. Don't let it piss out on its own.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Cool...thx everyone ill check that stuff out

Quote Originally Posted by MrManny View Post
    Hey I'm changing my brake fluid pretty soon and I was wondering what kind of fluid would be best for circuit racing? Would I need to change parts if i convert to DOT 4?
    ..Oh and its for an '08 WRX
    I believe most race cars use Dot 5 or 5.1. Check your owners manual on your car. You might have to convert brake parts to be compatible with that grade of brake fluid.
    Kevin
    brakebleeder.com
    888-749-7977

Quote Originally Posted by brakebleeder View Post
    I believe most race cars use Dot 5 or 5.1. If you don't change out your parts to racing quality parts you will at least need to clean out the Dot 3 you have now, completely, then replenish with Dot 5 or 5.1

Kevin
    brakebleeder.com
    888-749-7977
    I believe that you will need to contact the site administrators if you would like to advertise on this forum.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.