Grimmspeed Master Cylinder Brace Question.

This is a discussion on Grimmspeed Master Cylinder Brace Question. within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, I had this part installed about 6 or so months ago right before a track event and it ...

I Support ClubWRX

Grimmspeed Master Cylinder Brace Question.

Hey guys,

I had this part installed about 6 or so months ago right before a track event and it was awesome. My question is however, should I be worried about the rust that's forming on it? I live in Boston and this car is my DD. The part was powder coated but I suspect the finish was damaged during install. I was going to clean it up as best as I could with some alcohol and use a detail brush and locktite rust treatment on the small blotches. Any advice or suggestions? I'll have to look into the heat range for the product but I wouldn't apply it and then drive the car without the proper curing time, and I'd use a high temp paint to cover over the touch-upped areas.

Loctite Extend Rust Treatment; 75430 1QT

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_001799.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	113565
    Drive Hard, Stay Driven..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'd worry about it about as much as you would worry about the rust underneath your car.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I'd worry about it about as much as you would worry about the rust underneath your car.
    This.

Beamed at your face at approx. 186,000 miles per second via DROID BIONIC
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    ^ Thanks guys! I'd have to concur. I figured that was the case, I just thought I had done something to promote it.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by KRowe View Post
    ^ Thanks guys! I'd have to concur. I figured that was the case, I just thought I had done something to promote it.
    I'd agree with what was said above. If you've damaged the powder coat in some spots it will definitely rust in those areas that no longer have powder coat because it is steel. If you want you could hit it with some sand paper and use some black paint to touch up the spots that got damaged.

Justin Grimm
    GrimmSpeed

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimmSpeed View Post
    I'd agree with what was said above. If you've damaged the powder coat in some spots it will definitely rust in those areas that no longer have powder coat because it is steel. If you want you could hit it with some sand paper and use some black paint to touch up the spots that got damaged.

Justin Grimm
    Yea that's the plan. I'm going to clean it up and hit it with the rust converter and then high temp paint, only because I don't want to pull the entire part to do a sand and paint on the hard to reach places. It will be a nice weekend project. Also thanks for the response! I got one on the forum before the one I entered on the site was responded to.

Hey Grimmspeed checked in! Nice to see that here and there
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying