good gods just how bad are my stock bushings??????

This is a discussion on good gods just how bad are my stock bushings?????? within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i just recieved my first boxes of goodies today and tore right into installing the rear sway bar bushings from ...

good gods just how bad are my stock bushings??????

i just recieved my first boxes of goodies today and tore right into installing the rear sway bar bushings from energy suspension. two boxes came, the master pack for my 02 wrx and the extra 17mm rear sway bar kit. looks like ill have a 20mm rear sway kit extra but i am sure i can find it a home.

dis-assembly. wow, rusted and oxidized bolts. cut through the old bushings and crush tubes to free the bolts since i didn't have a way to replace them tonight. tomorrow, yes, new hardware. yes, believe the talk. i could'nt find a way to press the bushings in hole, i had to cut them in half and use a vise. which worked great to pop in the two halves properly gooped up. pita to install. now that i know that ill make sure i have time and a open hardware store to visit before i tackle the other bushings in the kit. im just going to assume that the other bolts are frozen up to, the car got a heavy coating of pb blaster before i start in on the others tomarrow. whish i could make a tiny piston ring compressor to aid in pressing in those bushings hole...i know there's a way!

driving out. noticed a difference when i sat in the car! ok, the old end links were clunking but the frame bushings( a bit rusty) were solid enough. the new energy susp. blacks are so tight it already has made the car feel tighter. even felt different at the steering wheel in a good, tight kinda way. i cant wait to dig into the rest of a HUGE job. the master pack comes with front controll arm and rear trailing arm bushings too. that with the new pitch stop, tranny mount and klunk killer should just about tighten up the car's turning and stop the klunking over little bumps!

oh, no noticeable NVH at all. in fact, now that the rear sway is solid id venture a guess that there's Less NVH. more tacos. more beverages. and some install pics too. and some chasing of the UPS truck around town too!
    Last edited by tirerob; 04-20-2013 at 02:33 PM.