Change from Crucial Lowering Springs to????
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Change from Crucial Lowering Springs to???? within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have an 05 STi with Crucial Lowering Springs (previous owner) and "clunking" struts. I want to change the springs ...

Change from Crucial Lowering Springs to????

I have an 05 STi with Crucial Lowering Springs (previous owner) and "clunking" struts. I want to change the springs and struts to fix the VERY harsh ride the Crucial springs have and fix the strut clunk at same time. This is STRICTLY a DD car and I will not be tracking, autocross....

One of the suggestions I received from a vendor was use RCE Black springs and Koni struts and Group-n top hats. He said this would give the best ride, and only drop the car about 10mm from stock. This is what I am looking for, I just want other opinions before I buy the parts.

Suggestions or do you agree with vendor?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Unfortunately, Koni doesn't make a strut for our cars. You're limited to Tokico D-Specs (which only fit the rear) or Feal revalves. The Feal revalves are the better option, and having ridden in a car with them, I was sold.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Unfortunately, Koni doesn't make a strut for our cars. You're limited to Tokico D-Specs (which only fit the rear) or Feal revalves. The Feal revalves are the better option, and having ridden in a car with them, I was sold.
    That's wierd because TurnInConcepts made this exact (RCE Black, Koni yellows and Group-n Top Hats) recommendation. Why would they recommend something that won't fit my car??

Thanks

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by createaneutron
    That's wierd because TurnInConcepts made this exact (RCE Black, Koni yellows and Group-n Top Hats) recommendation. Why would they recommend something that won't fit my car??

Thanks
    They knew it was for an '05 STI (Konis fit 04 STIs)? I love TiC, and they give solid advice. If they tell you to buy something, I'd go with whatever they say.

UNYSOC

They knew it was for an '05 STI (Konis fit 04 STIs)? I love TiC, and they give solid advice. If they tell you to buy something, I'd go with whatever they say.
    Yes, they knew it was an STi. I am considering their recommendation

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes, they knew it was an STi. I am considering their recommendation
    I would just confirm with them, because last I knew, there was no Koni option for '05+ (because I want them lol)

UNYSOC

How would you compare the Koni's to the Feal revalve service.

What is your opinion as far as value for the $?

Thanks

I Support ClubWRX
    How would you compare the Koni's to the Feal revalve service.

What is your opinion as far as value for the $?

Thanks
    If I had the choice, I would go Koni. Since, AFAIK, I don't, Feal is a great second choice.

UNYSOC

If I had the choice, I would go Koni. Since, AFAIK, I don't, Feal is a great second choice.

Thanks a lot, your input is greatly appreciated!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.