Tire width questions for '11 WRX sedan

This is a discussion on Tire width questions for '11 WRX sedan within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I haven't posted much since I got my WRX because I wanted to get a feel for the car. I ...

Tire width questions for '11 WRX sedan

I haven't posted much since I got my WRX because I wanted to get a feel for the car. I FREAKIN' love it! Anyhoo, my question is I'd like to score some new wheels for my subie for summer wheels but I'd like to get a wider wheel. I know the the stock wheels are 17x8. I was wondering if there were any problems associated with going with a wider wheel like a TSW Interlagos that is 17x9 and what offset is recommended to ensure no problems with the wider wheel. I like that wheel since it's lightweight and I can get a 9" wide wheel that weights around 18 lbs. Plus, I think it would look good on it. Any thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    go for it. currently on an 18x10 with 275s and a minor rear fender roll. if you stay around a +38 on a 9" wide you will be golden.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Ok cool. I found some with the offset at +40, so I should be ok. I don't want to roll the fenders since I'd like to keep the car at current stock height. Also, should I keep the tires the same size at stock with the wider wheels?

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd go wider tires. At least 245. Otherwise you are going to be looking at some stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    I'd go wider tires. At least 245. Otherwise you are going to be looking at some stretch.
    Agreed. You could probably fit a 255 with minimal fender roll if any at all, as long as you pick a correct offset as Torque suggested above. I think a +40 would be ok.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying