Tire question...

This is a discussion on Tire question... within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I learned the hard way on my 05 that the differentials are very touchy with tire replacements. I put ...

Tire question...

So I learned the hard way on my 05 that the differentials are very touchy with tire replacements. I put on my winter wheel/tire set when I hit 1200 miles on the stock Dunlop SP Sport 01. I had a nail blow the tire twice (once repaired once hit the sidewall and needs to be replaced). Would 1200 miles of normal driving effect the differentials at all when I buy a replacement tires? There appears to not be any wear but I know it only takes 2/32s to screw things up. I don't have anything to measure the tire tread so any input would be great.
    2013 SWP WRX 5-Door
    2005 OBP WRX 4-Door SOLD

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Find something to measure the tread. The diffs care about tread depth Δ, not my opinions. A depth gauge thingy is something you can pick up at a parts store. Also consider shaving the new tire if necessary and feasible.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.