Good High temp Paint/epoxy for Callipers?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Good High temp Paint/epoxy for Callipers? within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok so I was just wondering if anyone knew of a really good high temp paint/epoxy for my 2012 brake ...

Good High temp Paint/epoxy for Callipers?

Ok so I was just wondering if anyone knew of a really good high temp paint/epoxy for my 2012 brake callipers? Over the winter I swapped my oem wheels for just some steelies with winter tires on them, well to my surprise when I just put my summers back on today the salt here in NY destroyed the callipers making them look totally disgusting now... so I want to paint them but I dont want it to flake off like most peoples do when they just use rattle cans. Thanks guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I used VHT caliper spray paint. I use VHT for just about everything automotive and it has never failed me.

g2 caliper paint. really thick sticky paint, also its a brush on. So you don't have to spray n pray.

I Support ClubWRX
    They have specific paints/kits for painting calipers. It's sold at just about every auto parts store.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I would pull the calipers off, disassemble, get everything powder coated, reassemble, install.

Quote Originally Posted by 99pgpgt View Post
    I used VHT caliper spray paint. I use VHT for just about everything automotive and it has never failed me.
    i believe i used this in black and it still looks fine. still need to do my rear caliper brackets and the fronts lol... did it a little half arsed...my front caliper bolts were stuck on after i painted the rear calipers and brackets..then i did the h6 upgrade in rear so replaced the brackets...one day this summer...dont feel like taking wheels off lol. had them off wayy too many times already, getting tired of that lol.
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.