suspension clunk
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on suspension clunk within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey guys just got into my first Subaru and its a 08 wrx sedan and there seems to be a ...

suspension clunk

hey guys just got into my first Subaru and its a 08 wrx sedan and there seems to be a slight clunk in the front passenger wheel well during acceleration. im pretty sure there is something lose in my suspension or a loose sub frame bolt or possibly a tranny mount . any one ever had this issue, or know what it might be.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The rear diff bushings are known to be soft. Upgrade these and it might help. I know it helped me. The downside is that it introduces a howl when driving about 60-65 mph.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

passenger front wheel...get under there and look. look for anything loose, grab your end links and rock them from side to side, say bar and do the same thing. and really try to get those things to make the noise. grab the sway bar and pull and jerk as hard as you can. if it makes a pop....bushings.
    also it probably wouldnt hurt to check and mnake sure your caliper is tight lol. no joke i had to daignose a car which the customer complained of a loud popping noise. took it on a test drive and didnt even get out of the parking lot because immediately sounded like a bad strut mount...nope, whoever did the brakes on the car last forgot to put the caliper bolts in

I've put all my weight into almost everything under the front end but ill keep trying. but the brake idea might not be to odd, seeing as the previous owner was a complete dumb ass and told me that the squeak coming from the right rear brakes was the brake dust wearing off. lent-list to say he put the pads on backwards clips and everything so ill defiantly check the brakes

I Support ClubWRX
    Could be a ball joint.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

wait...how stupid can you get lol. i didnt even know i was possible to put braks on backwrds

Neither did I but this guy managed to do it.

I dont think its a ball joint because its almost like somthing ia shifting back and forth during hard acceleration

Check the bolt's that hold the lower ball joints in. Had the same problem on my 11'. Or maybe check your CV joints.

Ok im guna check that today and such were on. The subject of cv joints how much of a process is it to replace the cv's

Quote Originally Posted by cwa08subie View Post
    hey guys just got into my first Subaru and its a 08 wrx sedan and there seems to be a slight clunk in the front passenger wheel well during acceleration. im pretty sure there is something lose in my suspension or a loose sub frame bolt or possibly a tranny mount . any one ever had this issue, or know what it might be.
    sound travels and are hard to diagnose, thats a lot of ideas where the sound is coming from as well.. since accel it makes a noise maybe a driveline problem?..

Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    passenger front wheel...get under there and look. look for anything loose, grab your end links and rock them from side to side, say bar and do the same thing. and really try to get those things to make the noise. grab the sway bar and pull and jerk as hard as you can. if it makes a pop....bushings.
    also it probably wouldnt hurt to check and mnake sure your caliper is tight lol. no joke i had to daignose a car which the customer complained of a loud popping noise. took it on a test drive and didnt even get out of the parking lot because immediately sounded like a bad strut mount...nope, whoever did the brakes on the car last forgot to put the caliper bolts in
    ^^get your wiggle on. may be able to find the culprit that way...if still under warranty take her in.
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Quote Originally Posted by cwa08subie View Post
    Ok im guna check that today and such were on. The subject of cv joints how much of a process is it to replace the cv's
    About an hour job taking your time.

Hey guys quick update I wasnt able to track it down untell it got alot worse like countinous rattle and i got under and it was my subframe bolts almost all of them. Im guessing when the previous owner put the new oil pan on he didnt know how to use a damn wrench

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.