tpms initialization
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on tpms initialization within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so i just put on my summer wheel/tire set up and i was wondering if there is any way to ...

tpms initialization

so i just put on my summer wheel/tire set up and i was wondering if there is any way to initialize the tpms my self so i dont have to go to the dealership. i know i could just deal with the light being on and have it turn off when i switch back to my stock tires/rims but really dont like that light lol. thanks for any help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you have a scan tool...and correct me if I'm wrong it might have to be Subaru specific program too. But you need a scan tool to input the TPMS ID numbers

I Support ClubWRX
    I have the tire store (discount tire) read the sensors and input them when I swap between my already mounted snows and summers.
    2010 WRB WRX wagon

about how much do they charge you???

So at last you don't need to go to Subaru. They would probably charge you an hour of labor so a discount tire place will be much cheaper

I Support ClubWRX
    Nothing. I do shop there for most of my tires, but the winter tires, new rims, and tpms sensors came from tire rack and they have scanned them in a few times for me. I have even been to other discount tire stores that I haven't bought anything and they scanned them for me also.
    2010 WRB WRX wagon

Wait so do they input the IDs into your ECU too? or just tell you the ID numbers?

I Support ClubWRX
    They scan each tire and input the id numbers so that the light goes out. The light comes on everytime I swap out the wheels/tires.
    2010 WRB WRX wagon

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.