Agency Power Lowering Springs
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Agency Power Lowering Springs within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just wondering if anyone has any expirience with these springs. I like the amount of drop they offer 1.25" F ...

Agency Power Lowering Springs

Just wondering if anyone has any expirience with these springs. I like the amount of drop they offer 1.25" F .75" R.
    Im currently in the market to start my suspension and Im split between these agency power springs, the Eibach Pro Kit and the Tanabe GF210.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Agency Power is Vivid Racings house brand. VR has been banned on every major Subaru forum for shady business practices.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Agreed with EJ257.

Springs aren't all about the drop and how they look. Have you considered the performance aspect of them?

If you want a drop with good performance, I'd recommend some RCE Yellows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Well that explains alot, as far as performance i understand the spring rates but i dont want to sacrifice ride quality. I was looking at the rce's but after taking a ride in another wrx with them i found them a little too stiff.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by anpato View Post
    Well that explains alot, as far as performance i understand the spring rates but i dont want to sacrifice ride quality. I was looking at the rce's but after taking a ride in another wrx with them i found them a little too stiff.

RCE also makes Black "Regular Guy" springs that are designed to preserve ride comfort..

I might take a look at them, considering i only have A $275 budget for the springs my options are somewhat narrow.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I might take a look at them, considering i only have A $275 budget for the springs my options are somewhat narrow.
    so why not spend the extra $50 on a quality set of springs? If money is tight, save your money until you can afford the quality springs.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    so why not spend the extra $50 on a quality set of springs? If money is tight, save your money until you can afford the quality springs.
    Nailed it.

I'd stay away from anything Agency Power per EJ's post.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Thanks for the heads up guys! I might just save that extra money and get the RCE's.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    RCE also makes Black "Regular Guy" springs that are designed to preserve ride comfort..
    I have their blacks/regular guy springs... They are close to the same spring rate (and hence ride comfort) as yellows but do not drop the car much. I figured the OP wanted a significant drop.
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log

I Support ClubWRX
    Have you considered the Epics?
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

Im going for a ride this saturday with someone who has the epics black. But I also came accross h&r springs for a killer deal. Ill be pairing whichever spring set with koni inserts soon.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by anpato
    Ill be pairing whichever spring set with koni inserts soon.
    RCE, hands down.

If you're going to pick up the Konis, be sure to pair them with a spring that can really take advantage of them.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

The H&R springs I found had good reviews and also provide the drop I want. The Spring rates are close to the RCE blacks, but before I jump the gun and order them Im going for a ride with someone who has both.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ

I Support ClubWRX
    The H&R springs I found had good reviews and also provide the drop I want. The Spring rates are close to the RCE blacks, but before I jump the gun and order them Im going for a ride with someone who has both.
    If they drop your car a different amount, you'll need a different spring rate. If you want a larger drop than the blacks (along the lines of the yellows) look for a spring rate equivalent to the yellows, not black. I don't think it is a large difference, however.

Also, it's worth noting that spring X with rate Z is not the same as spring Y also with rate Z. Main difference being linearity and fitment. Either way, I'm not familiar with H&R so I can't really offer too much on the subject.
    2011 STi Build Log

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.