Need some Front/Rear Camber Degree recommendations for WRX w/ 18"

This is a discussion on Need some Front/Rear Camber Degree recommendations for WRX w/ 18" within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Alright...Long story short, i'm petrified, and pissed at the same time, for how horrible and a joke this alignment was ...

Need some Front/Rear Camber Degree recommendations for WRX w/ 18"

Alright...Long story short, i'm petrified, and pissed at the same time, for how horrible and a joke this alignment was that Sears did for me today...will be the last time I take it to a main stream dealer, however I'm waiting for them to open tomorrow to see what refunds, nagging en-lies......

Long story short, I'm asking for zero toe all the way around, and I've heard people running max - camber on the fronts, but I've heard it'll decrease wear on the tire(most notable inner tire wear) I was thinking of around -0.5. As far as the rears go I have no clue on a decent camber setting for them.

I'm running(want to be running, brand new, and I aint throwing these on without my alignment issue resolved) Rota 18"x8.5"s on Dunlops, cars stock, stock struts, H&R springs(stiff springs though)so I really want to get an accurate alignment... unfortunately $85 doesn't get you much these days.

If your wondering why the caster is messed up, they told me today that the left side front was 'un align-able'....still trying to figure this one out, but its no broken parts or a strut, they said its, just non adjustable and wont affect performance.
    Last edited by Tooled; 03-30-2013 at 10:51 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    That camber almost seems backwards. I would like somewhere between -1 and -1.5 front camber, and -1 rear camber (but the 3rd gens are not adjustable without adjustable camber bolts. Check out this sticky...A ton of good info.

Alignment basics

Edit - I see it is a 02-07. Your rear is obviously adjustable. Take a read through that sticky i posted a link to. A ton of good info in there.

I thought there was a different generation manufacturing process for these struts as well(aka non caster adjustable). I was aware of camber bolts needed(even for the rears) but are you sure the camber bolts will control caster adjustments too? because that's my problem, that left wheel seems to be pushed 'forward' versus were it should be like the right side. Whats an adequate caster spec, when running - max camber and 0 toe all the way around?

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Whiteline-Cam...hH7Eg~~_35.JPG
    Last edited by Tooled; 03-31-2013 at 08:40 AM.