inner walls fading fast what does this mean ?

This is a discussion on inner walls fading fast what does this mean ? within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; In Jan, I got an alignment through Firestone. It's in factory specs, but all four tires the inner walls are ...

inner walls fading fast what does this mean ?

In Jan, I got an alignment through Firestone. It's in factory specs, but all four tires the inner walls are fading at a rapid rate. My tires were 6's and 7's tread wear so pretty damn new. Stock suspension at 94k miles on it and all I have is strut towers front and rear. Does this mean my struts are bad or bushings ? Not sure but I have to do something fast before I throw away hundreds of dollars again.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

33 psi

When you had the alignment done in Jan. was it out much and had the tires already starting to wear? I ask this because once the wear starts in a tire where yours looks pretty worn it will keep wearing no matter if you have an alignment done.. That's why its a good idea when you put on a set of new tires to have it aligned with the new ones on. I would get a new set of tires and have the alignment done again and make sure they check the whole front end over

I have the exact same inner wear issues, and actually going through some of the same issues with my caster alignment.

However, with yours being inner wear like that, its camber related or a bent/broken part. How often do you rotate the tires? Other than it being a half degree off.

Unfortunately with our cars, you can't replace one or two tires, its gotta be all of them. Def tire road hazard warranties are a god-send for our cars. @ discount tire, even though its not a full "free set" your guna get the same tire @ 50% off or full cash to buy a similar set.

You should replace all 4 tires regardless of the car. Why have 2 tires with treads at 8-9 and another set at 2-3. Just for you to replaec 2 more soon and then your original good tires are now down to 7-6?
    I have some of that camber wear but it started before i bought my car. Very slight but over the miles it gets worse, not to mention the inner cupping too. You can balance and align the car as much as you want but what marx said is true...once it starts the only way to fix it is a new set of tires with an alignment.
    As long as you don't feel it in your steering wheel don;t worry too much about it. Unless the tire noise is too annoying

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    Excessive camber will prematurely wear the inside of your tires (Hellaflush)... but not that much... not that fast.

Sounds like someone botched your alignment.

I would place money that your toe settings are off.
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

I'll do your alignment. It'll be dead perfect