2012 wrx Eibach sway bars - settings?

This is a discussion on 2012 wrx Eibach sway bars - settings? within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Installing the Eibach sways and KB endlinks on Monday. setup is a 2012 WRX stock suspension with 18x8 245/40 tires. ...

2012 wrx Eibach sway bars - settings?

Installing the Eibach sways and KB endlinks on Monday. setup is a 2012 WRX stock suspension with 18x8 245/40 tires. I've read the faq and bunch of threads with owners that have these installed. I'm still confused on the settings, soft and hard. From what I've read, I want a little oversteer. Any recommendations for the settings? Car is my DD (only 1.5 miles to work) but with the KB endlinks I assume I could run the hard settings 24/7. Thanks in advance

Geoff
    92 Eagle Talon TSI
    91 Eagle Talon TSI
    91 Galant Vr4
    05 Nissan Altima SE-R
    12 Subaru WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Not familiar with Eibach sways, other than that I believe they are hollow bars, so they are not as stiff as "equivalent" solid bars (so you need more bar to achieve the same result).

Whiteline explains what each setting will set the bar up as. For example, their adjustable 24mm front bar has 24/26 settings; their adjustable 22mm rear bar has 20/22/24 settings.

I would contact Eibach, and ask for an explanation.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

mrd
    I have them on my wrx11 and it is now for more than 20k miles and I don't have problems. Car behaves much better than stock. I don't know how would she act with whiteLine, but this works for me.
    They are 22mm rear and 25mm front. Hollow bars and r could be equal to 21.4 mm f would be 24.3 mm there are some tables with ratios.
    Hollow are better regarding mass but with sways for dd I don't think it is important. Price vice I difference is a good number.
    Over-role they worked good for me. Car is faster in curbs for at least 10% if not more, I could have oversteer but mine is neutral.

what do you have yours set to? I read the reviews and personal experiences hence why I bought them. Jsut looking for some tuning specs
    92 Eagle Talon TSI
    91 Eagle Talon TSI
    91 Galant Vr4
    05 Nissan Altima SE-R
    12 Subaru WRX

mrd
    both the stiffest.

You will find the best set after few experiments.
    These are just notes of effects. There is a plenty of theoretical explanations how both sways react.

Understeer: reduce front or increase rear anti-roll/ sway bar settings.
    Oversteer: increase front or reduce rear anti-roll/ sway bar settings.

The further from axes of rotation you tie your sway the softer it is going to be. Stiffness is directly proportional to the distance from axes which is the distance from bracket.