Steering wheel, slight vibration... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Steering wheel, slight vibration... within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by nsibanez ya sounds like a bad wheel...bent rim in anyway... try keeping that wheel in the rear ...

Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    ya sounds like a bad wheel...bent rim in anyway...
    try keeping that wheel in the rear maybe?
    Yes if you swap the rear to the front that might solve the issues I busted two rims during the snow storm nyc streets are killer man!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ya sounds like a bad wheel...bent rim in anyway...
    try keeping that wheel in the rear maybe?
    That's one of the things that I've ended up doing. That particular wheel is in the back of the car the vibration seems better, but I still feel a shimmy in the car. Again which points to a damaged wheel. I also tried to explain this to the dealer ....
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX (Premium) | EFI Logics Tuned Stage 3 | Cobb SF CAI | Invidia EL Race Header | Cobb Catted Downpipe | Borla CBE | PW TMIC | Grimmspeed EBCS | Grimmspeed AOS | DW 65C Fuel Pump | Grimmspeed Light Weight Pulley | SPT Short Shifter | JNA Front Lip | EPIC Performance Springs | SMY Cluster w/ Boost & Oil Pressure

Quote Originally Posted by Wussola View Post
    That's one of the things that I've ended up doing. That particular wheel is in the back of the car the vibration seems better, but I still feel a shimmy in the car. Again which points to a damaged wheel. I also tried to explain this to the dealer ....
    Honestly if I were you, I would just ride it out. If it's just a crap tire, it'll be fixed once you need new tires. Just because there's no point in buying a new tire when there's still plenty of life left in it. On the other hand though if it's a rim...either buy a nice summer set and use the stocks for winter, or buy a new rim or whatever. When you get your tires balanced some balancers have an option to road test and measure rim runout which would actually tell you if it recommends a new rim too

Honestly if I were you, I would just ride it out. If it's just a crap tire, it'll be fixed once you need new tires. Just because there's no point in buying a new tire when there's still plenty of life left in it. On the other hand though if it's a rim...either buy a nice summer set and use the stocks for winter, or buy a new rim or whatever. When you get your tires balanced some balancers have an option to road test and measure rim runout which would actually tell you if it recommends a new rim too

Thanks ...

.... I'm currently in the market to get some 18x9 rims and new tires this spring.
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX (Premium) | EFI Logics Tuned Stage 3 | Cobb SF CAI | Invidia EL Race Header | Cobb Catted Downpipe | Borla CBE | PW TMIC | Grimmspeed EBCS | Grimmspeed AOS | DW 65C Fuel Pump | Grimmspeed Light Weight Pulley | SPT Short Shifter | JNA Front Lip | EPIC Performance Springs | SMY Cluster w/ Boost & Oil Pressure

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12