Sway bars or end links first? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Sway bars or end links first? within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm afraid to admit given the content here, I still have my stock '03 endlinks attached to my Hotchkis sways. ...

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'm afraid to admit given the content here, I still have my stock '03 endlinks attached to my Hotchkis sways. They haven't broken and I just don't think I could tell enough difference to make it worth the tim or money.

Here is JR's take from the FAQ sticky:

"Do I need upgraded endlinks?
    Maybe. The purpose of the endlinks is to attach the swaybar to the suspension arm to transmit the forces applied to one into the other. Therefore all the forces applied to the swaybars will be transmitted through the endlinks.

The stock endlinks are replaced because the stock units are very flexible and the force that should/could be applied to the swaybar and/or suspension arm is wasted flexing the stock endlinks. Also the stock endlinks can break when used with much larger bars than stock.

My Recommendations:

<22mm swaybars: meh.

22-24mm swaybars: Maybe. This decision should be made between your desire for performance and your wallet's desire to remain full.

>24mm swaybars: Yes.

Again please PM our vendors to get manufacturer info and pricing.
    "
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    I'm afraid to admit given the content here, I still have my stock '03 endlinks attached to my Hotchkis sways. They haven't broken and I just don't think I could tell enough difference to make it worth the tim or money.

Here is JR's take from the FAQ sticky:

"Do I need upgraded endlinks?
    Maybe. The purpose of the endlinks is to attach the swaybar to the suspension arm to transmit the forces applied to one into the other. Therefore all the forces applied to the swaybars will be transmitted through the endlinks.

The stock endlinks are replaced because the stock units are very flexible and the force that should/could be applied to the swaybar and/or suspension arm is wasted flexing the stock endlinks. Also the stock endlinks can break when used with much larger bars than stock.

My Recommendations:

<22mm swaybars: meh.

22-24mm swaybars: Maybe. This decision should be made between your desire for performance and your wallet's desire to remain full.

>24mm swaybars: Yes.

Again please PM our vendors to get manufacturer info and pricing.
    "
    Cusco has a set, just for the front IDK why not for the back, but the ratings are solid vs some of the whiteline stuff. KB's endlinks also have solid 5 star reviews all over the place although the Cusco's are much more like the stock EL. If I were to go with one, i'd go with them for 70.00 or under that. Honestly, i'm really not to sold on whiteline's stuff. I hear of rusting of their sway bars and endlinks breaking and having issues... I just don't really care to use my car as a test mule. I'd rather go with the eibach kit which I can get for about 280.00 for both front and rear and they are nice thick bars.
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

I've had zero issues with Whiteline's sway bars or end links, besides the normal tightening required after 100 miles or so. I've got a few thousand miles on them now and couldn't be happier.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdbrendan View Post
    I've had zero issues with Whiteline's sway bars or end links, besides the normal tightening required after 100 miles or so. I've got a few thousand miles on them now and couldn't be happier.
    It's not going to be everybody I realize. Some will have issues, some won't. It's not a crack against anyone who does use them, it's just for me... I like to go by ratings and what i've read that works... the ones i've mentioned don't have any complaints vs. the WL's so i'm leaning more toward them. Plus the Eibach kit is 25 front and 22 rear for 280.00 shipped, a pair of whitelines around the same amount is MUCH higher from what i've seen.

Keep in mind Eibachs are hollow while the Whitelines are solid.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdbrendan View Post
    Keep in mind Eibachs are hollow while the Whitelines are solid.
    This is true, but with a daily driver, it's not going to make much of a difference. I've even read some calculation someone posted about the 2 which came out as the tubular actually being stronger on paper at least... I can post it, but I don't understand any of it lol.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'm just saying, don't let the endlinks stop you from doing both sways. Doing one and the links vs. two and no links - choose the latter all day long. The endlinks just delay the response from the sway bar slightly. I don't know if it is reasonable to estimate, but I'd guess if you do the sways (unless they are huge) and note the effect, then do the endlinks and compare it, it would be like 90% vs. 10% or less. They really aren't challenging to change out later.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12