rim question

This is a discussion on rim question within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey i'm looking to get rims for my witner tires so i dont have to keep switching them. my question ...

rim question

hey i'm looking to get rims for my witner tires so i dont have to keep switching them. my question is i'm looking for 17X8 5X100 rim which is the stock size but the offset is different? Will the be a problem and will they affect my speedo? and i get a rim with different offset is there anything i need to do to make it work on the car perfectly? I'm not gonna get tmps sensor on them and i know the light will be on but other than that is there anything else i need to worrk about? the car is a 2013 wrx premium
    thanks you

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    What is the offset? The stock offset is +53.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

the offset for some of these vehicles are anywhere from 42 to 50

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jling0311 View Post
    the offset for some of these vehicles are anywhere from 42 to 50
    Not 100% sure what you mean by this, but if you are saying that you have a choice between 42 and 50 offset, then you should go with the 50. You want to stay as close to stock offset as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Not 100% sure what you mean by this, but if you are saying that you have a choice between 42 and 50 offset, then you should go with the 50. You want to stay as close to stock offset as possible.
    yea sorry i typed it wrong
    the rim choices have an offset range from 42 to 50
    given that the offset will be different will there be anything that would hurt the car like the speedo or anything?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jling0311 View Post
    yea sorry i typed it wrong
    the rim choices have an offset range from 42 to 50
    given that the offset will be different will there be anything that would hurt the car like the speedo or anything?
    You shouldn't have any issues with that offset. You aren't changing the wheel size (like going to a 19 inch wheel) so you should be fine.