2011 WRX with Whiteline Rear Sway Bar and Kartboy Rear End Links

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX with Whiteline Rear Sway Bar and Kartboy Rear End Links within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi all, During the past weekend I semi-successfully installed the 22mm Whiteline Rear Sway Bar with Kartboy Rear End Links ...

Talking 2011 WRX with Whiteline Rear Sway Bar and Kartboy Rear End Links

Hi all,

During the past weekend I semi-successfully installed the 22mm Whiteline Rear Sway Bar with Kartboy Rear End Links on my 2011 WRX hatchback. It's successful because most things went in smoothly --- didn't have too much trouble with most of the bolts, and most importantly, I'd like to report that the End Links fit perfectly with the WL sway bar. No extreme angle at all. I've learned that some people experienced the weird angle problem with this combination, so I guess they must have changed something to fit better. Just wanted to let you know.

And the "semi-" part, is that I just couldn't take of the inward lower control arm bolts. My impact wrench didn't move the things at all, even though I've sprayed PB Blaster multiple times over a period of 3 days. So I gave up on the supporting brace. It should be okay without the braces, right?

Now the car feels very stable and tight during corners, and there's no NVH increase at all. No noises, squeaks or bumps of any kind. So far so good! It's definitely a very noticeable improvement over the stock rear sway bar.

msharp
    2011 Subaru WRX 5-Door
    2008 Mazda RX-8 GT

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club. I wasn't able to get the rear lateral link bolts off either. Although I did not use air. I tried a breaker bar & an impact wrench & only managed to strip one of the bolts. So I let it be. Figured I'd let a shop handle it later. Haven't had any issues with not having the brace.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I'm surprised you had problems with that bolt. I was worried when I did sway bars this past weeekend that it would be a problem. Used a 16" breaker bar and the nut came right off. Here's a pic:

How old is your car? How come your underbody looks so clean, while mine has lots of rust on it (not shiny at all). Maybe yours is much younger? In any event, I am jealous!! :-)
    2011 Subaru WRX 5-Door
    2008 Mazda RX-8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by msharp View Post
    How old is your car? How come your underbody looks so clean, while mine has lots of rust on it (not shiny at all). Maybe yours is much younger? In any event, I am jealous!! :-)
    Srsly! That is astonishingly shiny and clean!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I had the exact same issue. 18" breaker bar did nothing. Don't have access to air, so I saved them for next time it's at a shop.

I Support ClubWRX
    im going to be doing sway on mine soon, cant wait
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Quote Originally Posted by msharp View Post
    Mine is an '11. Cleaned a lot of it with WD-40. Put wax on some of it (I know...it's a sickness....can't help myself).
    Could also be that our Nor-Cal winters aren't as severe as other parts of the country.

Jesus, I would lick the bottom of that car.
    \_(ツ)_/
    Kunal - Ordered 2015 DGM WRX
    Photographer | Dancer | Tech Nerd | The Stink-Eye Mob #7
    First Mods: What and what not to do
    2011+ Big Mod Thread
    How to Buy a Used WRX or STI
    Complete USED WRX Buying Checklist

Quote Originally Posted by kprugbyplaya View Post
    Jesus, I would lick the bottom of that car.
    Would have saved me some work

the queen of england would be happy to be run over buy your car. It is so clean.

I'm sure HRH would prefer to be run over by a Rolls Royce vs. a Mazda.