Conti DWS

This is a discussion on Conti DWS within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys...what air pressure did you use on continental dws? It seems they have a softer feeling to them with ...

Conti DWS

Hey guys...what air pressure did you use on continental dws? It seems they have a softer feeling to them with the stock pressure. I have em on my 2013 wrx...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    An A/S tire is always going to compromise vs a proper summer / winter tire...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    An A/S tire is always going to compromise vs a proper summer / winter tire...
    Yup i know it will give you a softer feel.....the sidewalls are soft on this tire....i was just wondering what pressure everyone used...did they go with the stock pressure or a 10% increase in psi?? just curious...im at stock right now

Quote Originally Posted by sbl30 View Post
    Yup i know it will give you a softer feel.....the sidewalls are soft on this tire....i was just wondering what pressure everyone used...did they go with the stock pressure or a 10% increase in psi?? just curious...im at stock right now
    I would stay at stock pressures for road use. Not sure about being high on pressures, but my TPMS light will fire if I'm even 2 pounds low. I don't know if 10% is enough, but running a higher pressure can accelerate tread wear in the middle of the tire.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdbrendan View Post
    I would stay at stock pressures for road use. Not sure about being high on pressures, but my TPMS light will fire if I'm even 2 pounds low. I don't know if 10% is enough, but running a higher pressure can accelerate tread wear in the middle of the tire.
    yup i agree.....

What do you think of the Conti DWS's on your car? I had them on my Audi and really liked them, especially in the snow. I ended up buying Kumho Ecsta 4X for the Subaru after I had a nail take out my stock summers last month. I like them a lot but do understand I am taking a hit in overall performance because of having an A/S. It will have to do until I can afford to have two sets of wheels though.

Quote Originally Posted by N8INCHATT View Post
    What do you think of the Conti DWS's on your car? I had them on my Audi and really liked them, especially in the snow. I ended up buying Kumho Ecsta 4X for the Subaru after I had a nail take out my stock summers last month. I like them a lot but do understand I am taking a hit in overall performance because of having an A/S. It will have to do until I can afford to have two sets of wheels though.
    For the price they are a good tire. I noticed a decrease in tire noise and a smoother ride. The sidewalls are softer and give a softer ride but once you hit a bump that soft feeling goes away and reminds you of the type of car you are in. For my purposes its great since I drive long distance at least once a month for my job. It does compromise on performance as any A/S tire will but in all honesty you will not feel that decrease unless you take a turn at high speed. The cars steering response still feels the same when daily driving in the city or highway. The grip in snow is impressive. I still have my stock tires and will be selling them. They have 2000 miles on it.

Quote Originally Posted by sbl30 View Post
    For the price they are a good tire. I noticed a decrease in tire noise and a smoother ride. The sidewalls are softer and give a softer ride but once you hit a bump that soft feeling goes away and reminds you of the type of car you are in. For my purposes its great since I drive long distance at least once a month for my job. It does compromise on performance as any A/S tire will but in all honesty you will not feel that decrease unless you take a turn at high speed. The cars steering response still feels the same when daily driving in the city or highway. The grip in snow is impressive. I still have my stock tires and will be selling them. They have 2000 miles on it.
    Where are you located? I might be interested in your tires possibly but I live in TN and I'm doubting you live anywhere near here. I did get to use my new tires during Christmas at my wife's parent's in Indiana. We had a foot of snow there and they worked great except for the fact I didn't know the area and ended up getting lost. Haha

I am temporarily live in albany ny. I actually just made another trip for business. I pushed my rex up to 130. First time going past 80 MPH in this car...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sbl30
    I am temporarily live in albany ny. I actually just made another trip for business. I pushed my rex up to 130. First time going past 80 MPH in this car...
    Check out the UNYSOC link in my signature...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC