Conti DWS
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Conti DWS within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys...what air pressure did you use on continental dws? It seems they have a softer feeling to them with ...

Conti DWS

Hey guys...what air pressure did you use on continental dws? It seems they have a softer feeling to them with the stock pressure. I have em on my 2013 wrx...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    An A/S tire is always going to compromise vs a proper summer / winter tire...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    An A/S tire is always going to compromise vs a proper summer / winter tire...
    Yup i know it will give you a softer feel.....the sidewalls are soft on this tire....i was just wondering what pressure everyone used...did they go with the stock pressure or a 10% increase in psi?? just curious...im at stock right now

Quote Originally Posted by sbl30 View Post
    Yup i know it will give you a softer feel.....the sidewalls are soft on this tire....i was just wondering what pressure everyone used...did they go with the stock pressure or a 10% increase in psi?? just curious...im at stock right now
    I would stay at stock pressures for road use. Not sure about being high on pressures, but my TPMS light will fire if I'm even 2 pounds low. I don't know if 10% is enough, but running a higher pressure can accelerate tread wear in the middle of the tire.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdbrendan View Post
    I would stay at stock pressures for road use. Not sure about being high on pressures, but my TPMS light will fire if I'm even 2 pounds low. I don't know if 10% is enough, but running a higher pressure can accelerate tread wear in the middle of the tire.
    yup i agree.....

What do you think of the Conti DWS's on your car? I had them on my Audi and really liked them, especially in the snow. I ended up buying Kumho Ecsta 4X for the Subaru after I had a nail take out my stock summers last month. I like them a lot but do understand I am taking a hit in overall performance because of having an A/S. It will have to do until I can afford to have two sets of wheels though.

Quote Originally Posted by N8INCHATT View Post
    What do you think of the Conti DWS's on your car? I had them on my Audi and really liked them, especially in the snow. I ended up buying Kumho Ecsta 4X for the Subaru after I had a nail take out my stock summers last month. I like them a lot but do understand I am taking a hit in overall performance because of having an A/S. It will have to do until I can afford to have two sets of wheels though.
    For the price they are a good tire. I noticed a decrease in tire noise and a smoother ride. The sidewalls are softer and give a softer ride but once you hit a bump that soft feeling goes away and reminds you of the type of car you are in. For my purposes its great since I drive long distance at least once a month for my job. It does compromise on performance as any A/S tire will but in all honesty you will not feel that decrease unless you take a turn at high speed. The cars steering response still feels the same when daily driving in the city or highway. The grip in snow is impressive. I still have my stock tires and will be selling them. They have 2000 miles on it.

Quote Originally Posted by sbl30 View Post
    For the price they are a good tire. I noticed a decrease in tire noise and a smoother ride. The sidewalls are softer and give a softer ride but once you hit a bump that soft feeling goes away and reminds you of the type of car you are in. For my purposes its great since I drive long distance at least once a month for my job. It does compromise on performance as any A/S tire will but in all honesty you will not feel that decrease unless you take a turn at high speed. The cars steering response still feels the same when daily driving in the city or highway. The grip in snow is impressive. I still have my stock tires and will be selling them. They have 2000 miles on it.
    Where are you located? I might be interested in your tires possibly but I live in TN and I'm doubting you live anywhere near here. I did get to use my new tires during Christmas at my wife's parent's in Indiana. We had a foot of snow there and they worked great except for the fact I didn't know the area and ended up getting lost. Haha

I am temporarily live in albany ny. I actually just made another trip for business. I pushed my rex up to 130. First time going past 80 MPH in this car...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sbl30
    I am temporarily live in albany ny. I actually just made another trip for business. I pushed my rex up to 130. First time going past 80 MPH in this car...
    Check out the UNYSOC link in my signature...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.