Coilovers - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Coilovers within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Fast Tuning Products If you would like a quote feel free to PM us. I personally run ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tuning Products View Post
    If you would like a quote feel free to PM us.

I personally run the BC BR Series on my car. I love them. Just make sure you get an alignment after you install them and drop the car.
    Which brands do you sell? Just bc?
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Coilovers

I've ran D2's with 10k springs and loved they way they rode. They weren't bouncy and handled nice.

ClubWRX.net Vendor Fast Tuning Products's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackwrx View Post
    Which brands do you sell? Just bc?
    No sir. BC Racing, ISC, Fortune Auto, Tanabe, KW Suspensions, H&R, Tein.
    Available Nights and Weekends Via E-mail and Private Message!!
    We want to Earn your Business!
    Give Us a Call Monday - Friday 10a-6p EST to order by phone!
    724-708-3044
    Need a price matched or beat? Email Us: sales@fasttuningproducts.com
    Like Us on Facebook: www.FaceBook.com/FastTuningProducts
    www.FastTuningProducts.com
    We Accept Paypal/Visa/MasterCard/American Express/AMEX/Discover

Banned
    If you would like a quote feel free to PM us.

I personally run the BC BR Series on my car. I love them. Just make sure you get an alignment after you install them and drop the car.
    Now do I need to get front and rear camber kits as well or is the front pillowball which wouldn't need a camber kit??

Coilovers

You'll definitely need the camber adjustment. I you plan to slam I'd go with BC BR and camber plates. Best bang for the buck. I think BC even makes another option for cars that allows for lower than the BR's...might want to look into that.

I'd also look into a roll center/bump steer kit. Setting your car any lower than 1" under stock height levels out the lower control arms, this set-up corrects by extending the ball joints and tie rods to help keep your car more controllable as you are taking away from the function of the vehicle with what you are talking about doing.

Too, realize that most Subaru owners are more concerned with the function of the vehicle over aesthetics. It's your car so by all means do as you wish but understand that the reason people are saying what they are is because the products are not designed for use in this way and neither is suspension geometry. It makes the car unsafe to a certain degree and takes away from its function.

I have had several sets of coilovers and have set cars low so I understand both sides. Most try to find the middle ground.

Try to understand that those suggesting a spring/strut combo understand that this is a stronger set-up and though it does not offer the adjustability, it is safer for what you're doing...realize they are looking out for your best interests and try not to take offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn0wman86 View Post
    C'mon tool no need to be a smart arse!! If ya don't got nuttin nice to say don't gimme yer 2 cents. I wanna slam my Wagon and don't wanna use springs due to the fact I wanna be able to adjust ride height. It was a simple answer and you didn't even reply o he question.
    I fail to see what was wrong with his answer. Take your garbage antics elsewhere if you're gonna get all sorts of butthurt because of someone's legitimate opinion.

Goodluck slamming your wagon. Enjoy your ****ty poked and stretched poor fitment tires while you're at it.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    No sir. BC Racing, ISC, Fortune Auto, Tanabe, KW Suspensions, H&R, Tein.
    pm'd you
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Banned
    Awaiting price quote from fast tuning on BC

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sn0wman86 View Post
    If you aren't currently running coilovers on yer Subie I don't care to hear what yer opinion.

What about people like me who have ran coilovers in the past, then replaced them with a much better spring/strut combo? Why would you ask for people's opinions when you refuse to listen to anyone who's opinion differs from your own? You might as well make a Word document and copy/paste your personal opinion several times and read that in lieu of asking other people online.

Re: Coilovers

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    What about people like me who have ran coilovers in the past, then replaced them with a much better spring/strut combo? Why would you ask for people's opinions when you refuse to listen to anyone who's opinion differs from your own? You might as well make a Word document and copy/paste your personal opinion several times and read that in lieu of asking other people online.
    Look above this...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I fail to see what was wrong with his answer. Take your garbage antics elsewhere if you're gonna get all sorts of butthurt because of someone's legitimate opinion.

Goodluck slamming your wagon. Enjoy your ****ty poked and stretched poor fitment tires while you're at it.
    So where is the chick that is supposed to say "no personal attacks" didn't you read the forum rules when u signed up Mikie?? Yer answer has no bearing on the question so why did u even post a reply?? Just to make yerself feel better?? I'm not butt hurt at all my question was simple....kind of like you. I actually have been contemplating going the other route due to the fact I actually have a brain and have been surfing the suspension section. So sensitive we are eh?? I'll make sure to take a pic and send it you when I finish slamming it. Sorry I'm not cool enough to be an off road racer or street racer!! That's the beauty of it all yer mad but its my car and my vision. I might have taken the answer wrong at 1st but you must have skipped over the part where I did apologize. I was just wanting COILOVER suggestions and I. Yer reply I saw zilch!! Thanks for nothing Mikie

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Well Sir Mainframe if you or anybody else that has commented here would have started yer post like u did above the outcome prolly would have been much different. You didn't though so yer bad as a senior member of the forum. Like I said I'm considering both options now that I've researched a bit. Thanks for yer thoughts. You see now this thread is one huge battle and is nothing about the topic, thanks.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skinikko View Post
    Look above this...

Thanks skinikko like I couldn't read or wouldn't check my own thread!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by starkall View Post
    I've ran D2's with 10k springs and loved they way they rode. They weren't bouncy and handled nice.
    Thank you very much for yer input to the original post. I know a few guys running D2's on different cars and they like em as well

Banned
    Next question, can I get my wagon to look like this with struts and springs??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.