coilover suggestions needed!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on coilover suggestions needed!!! within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Why do you want the adjustability of coilovers? Most people with coilovers dont adjust them that much...set a ride height ...

Why do you want the adjustability of coilovers? Most people with coilovers dont adjust them that much...set a ride height and get it aligned.. You can get a nice lower ride height without rubbing or needing to roll fenders from a spring/strut with a better ride. Are you going to roll fenders? How low do you want to go?-post a pic of what you want it to look like.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BEASTmode632 View Post
    Yes i want to be able to tuck a little

Lowering that much is most assuredly going to handle worse than stock.

Can i just copy and paste a photi or do i have to use a code?
    2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Hatch
    Mods : Yakima Roof Rack, Perrin catted DP, Perrin CAI, Perrin shifter bushings, Perrin AP stage 2, Ebay/Custom 3" cat back, carbon Subaru emblems, blacked out tail lights, Cobb STS, Raceland Coilovers

[img]*.jpg[/img]

zax

Dope Traction.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Dope Traction.
    Nice one zax! I'm sure that thing corners like a beast...

I Support ClubWRX

Dope Traction.
    literally laughed out loud when i saw this haha
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    What are you going for here? Complete tuck and roll? An inch is a lot more than you might think it is. But if you're dead set on going the coilover route, I'd look into maybe the Feal 441 coilovers. Still a budget piece, but the valving is probably going to be a lot better on those than you would find on BC's, Megan's or Fortune Autos.

rallyracingsuspension.com - Feal 441 Coilover kit (many applications)
    I have Feal 441s and love them on my 05 STI. I wanted to go lower than what most spring/strut combos do so these fit the bill for a "budget" coilover. I wouldn't not have gone any cheaper though. BCs are meh and not worth it. I have also heard great things about the Fortune Auto 500 coils as well. I would however, listen directly to Odi (owner of Feal) and use the settings that he preloads/sets up for you when you order.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I have Feal 441s and love them on my 05 STI.
    Can you comment on ride quality and handling? Thanks.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Can you comment on ride quality and handling? Thanks.
    Of course...I've been too lazy to actually create the build thread like I said I would...but still may do it ha.

Now, the handling characteristics between an 05 STI and a newer gen WRX are completely different to begin with, so take this with a grain of salt. The 09-13 WRXs are like pigs compared to the 04-07 STIs. They're just bigger and a little heavier. Not quite as nimble.

I bought Feal coils to replace my blown struts (common on 05 STIs at my higher mileage), and since I wanted to have a bit of a lower stance, and improved handling. All of these certainly occurred. 05 STIs on the stock suspension are known to create a bobble head affect while driving. While stiff and tight from the factory, its still a bit bouncy. These coilovers eliminated that. Yes you hit bumps a little harsher and you feel EVERYTHING in the road, but on properly maintained and paved roads, they are awesome. Cruising on a highway is incredible. Now spirited handling and such...dramatic improvement due to the increased spring rates (Feal lets you choose what rates you want. Stiffer is better for improved handling, softer is better for ride quality). You get less sway with them when going through turns. The body rolls less. Can't wait to get some sway bars and endlinks one of these days.

Overall to me, even at age 30...I feel this was an incredible improvement over stock. I enjoy the handling. I love how the car looks. Win/win situation for me.

However on the WRX...if you like the ride on it: the quietness, the less noise, the ability to handle most bumps and divots relatively ok...then coilovers will NOT be for you. They will make your ride more harsh, no doubt about it. But if you're willing to sacrifice some of that to improve handling (meaning you're not gonna slam it so you have herrafrush poke stance dumb fitment), then I would recommend it. However...if you're gonna slam it for looks only, then who cares what coilovers you get; your car is gonna ride like **** anyway...so just get Megans or something and prepare for hell.

If you want to retain a good ride while still improving handling and have a little bit of a lower look...then a good spring/strut combo would be your best bet.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    The 09-13 WRXs are like pigs compared to the 04-07 STIs. They're just bigger and a little heavier.

2012 WRX Curb weight: 3,208 lbs
    2005 WRX STi Curb weight: 3,263 lbs

Not sure whose ass you pulled that weight from Mikie

Facebook me here

I Support ClubWRX
    Fab info, thanks very much, that will help so many future searchers!
    SD
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2012 WRX Curb weight: 3,208 lbs
    2005 WRX STi Curb weight: 3,263 lbs

Not sure whose ass you pulled that weight from Mikie

So what you're saying is that they're both heavy pigs..

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    So what you're saying is that they're both heavy pigs..

Yep

Facebook me here

I cant post a picture from my phone and dont have a computer to do it from. Its not just for looks. And no im not looking to drag frame. I simply want a good coilover for the money.
    2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Hatch
    Mods : Yakima Roof Rack, Perrin catted DP, Perrin CAI, Perrin shifter bushings, Perrin AP stage 2, Ebay/Custom 3" cat back, carbon Subaru emblems, blacked out tail lights, Cobb STS, Raceland Coilovers

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast