11+ stock tire reviews
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 11+ stock tire reviews within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello, I just picked up an 11 wrx and the tires need replacing. The front two are at 7 but ...

11+ stock tire reviews

Hello,

I just picked up an 11 wrx and the tires need replacing. The front two are at 7 but the rear left is at 4 and the rear right is at 2. I am considering a set of yokohamas, conti dws (have experience with these) or the stock summer tires. I know the debate about using all seasons so please refrain from cluttering up another thread with it. What I am looking for is the tread life on the stock tires and road noise levels with them? I know they will out handle the all seasons but I have another month and a half of winter so I don't think putting summers on right now is the best choice either. What was your experience with the stock dunlops?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you have 3 different tires with very uneven and poor wear like that...you need to get your alignment looked at as well.

So you're saying you want All-Seasons or not? As of right now, I'm a huge fan of Cooper Zeon RS3-S (summers). I have them and they are incredible summer tires for the price, and have a 300AA treadwear rating. If you do want all Seasons, they have a version called the RS3-As which are down a little in performance as to be expected, but will last a good long time and still give you some all season abilities.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

If you have 3 different tires with very uneven and poor wear like that...you need to get your alignment looked at as well.

So you're saying you want All-Seasons or not? As of right now, I'm a huge fan of Cooper Zeon RS3-S (summers). I have them and they are incredible summer tires for the price, and have a 300AA treadwear rating. If you do want all Seasons, they have a version called the RS3-As which are down a little in performance as to be expected, but will last a good long time and still give you some all season abilities.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post

Ultimately I was thinking all seasons because of the timing but I am open to summers but heard they don't last as long. Car was into Subaru this morning. Said everything looked fine mechanically and part wise so it most likely alignment which I am planning on doing once I get the tires on.

I Support ClubWRX
    Your best bang for the buck are definitely going to be the DWS' at around $147/ea, they also have a 540 tread ware rating.
    2015 WRX - Crystal Black Silca
    Cobb Axess Tuner --BrenTuning ECU Solutions
    Cree LED replacement High/Low bulbs
    Pioneer NEX 4000, Alpine PDX 9V, JL Audio C5 650 front /rear components, JL Audio 10TW1-4: 10-inch Subwoofer, Axxess ASWC-1 Steering Wheel Control Adapter

I beg to differ...the Coopers ran me $117 each with free shipping from Discounttiredirect....they are currently at $122 a tire for the all seasons, and have a 500 treadwear rating. $100 difference...

OP...the choice is up to you...if you do some fairly spirited driving, especially in performance handling environments, I'd suggest summers. But I'd also suggest having a set of winters for winter/cold seasons. That being said...if you were to go that route, you'd double the life of your tires in each season.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I beg to differ...the Coopers ran me $117 each with free shipping from Discounttiredirect....they are currently at $122 a tire for the all seasons, and have a 500 treadwear rating. $100 difference...

OP...the choice is up to you...if you do some fairly spirited driving, especially in performance handling environments, I'd suggest summers. But I'd also suggest having a set of winters for winter/cold seasons. That being said...if you were to go that route, you'd double the life of your tires in each season.
    I highly recommend this route as well. If you live in a snowy area of PA you will appreciate the winter tires...

I Support ClubWRX
    i prefer to have 2 sets, a dedicated summer tire and a dedicated snow tire. as far as the uneven ware you will want to have that checked
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Wheels probably have not been rotated and one blew out along the way and was replaced... Have alignment checked and make sure to treat the new rubber well...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.