New "Extreme" Summer Tires for 2013 =) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 24 of 24

This is a discussion on New "Extreme" Summer Tires for 2013 =) within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; The older PZero was a directional asymmetric. It had inner and outer left/right sides. I don't recall if the Yoko ...

  1. #16
    He simply abides. SD_GR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    CA, US
    Posts
    22,561
    I Support ClubWRX
    The older PZero was a directional asymmetric. It had inner and outer left/right sides. I don't recall if the Yoko 008 was also. Time flies.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    MAINEiac 11blackSTi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Land of the Port. ME
    Posts
    2,799
    I Support ClubWRX
    Ive got my sparkling new summers sitting in my spare bedroom waiting for warm weather...I can smell them every time I walk by...Once in a while I go in and pet them too.

  4. #18
    "Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    SLC area
    Posts
    2,190
    This is "only" a track tire? Why not go with the Hoosier A6s? Stickiest DOT tires on the planet.

    For track tires that will "pass" as a street tire, I've always liked the Nitto NT-01, or the NT-05 if you want a dual-purpose, wet or dry tire.
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

  5. #19
    Registered User Heide264's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    4,169
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ninefourteener View Post
    This is "only" a track tire? Why not go with the Hoosier A6s? Stickiest DOT tires on the planet.

    For track tires that will "pass" as a street tire, I've always liked the Nitto NT-01, or the NT-05 if you want a dual-purpose, wet or dry tire.
    Not a track exclusive tire. I don't have track wheels, so I'd be running them all summer. I just really like nice tires.

    I actually don't think I'll be taking my car up to the track this summer, sadly. I don't see it working out financially this time around considering the changes I'd like to make before taking it back up there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

  6. #20
    Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Late Devonian
    Posts
    13,135
    I Support ClubWRX
    ^These are street tires.

    The tires look good. I like the aesthetics of the rivals better, and I like that the lateral siping actually exits the tread so water can get out of the center groove. The Direzza did pull a faster wet lap than the old model they compared it to.

    What I CANT STAND is that they are creating YET ANOTHER freakin' category. What a bunch of marketing BS. I want to have one category for high performance summer tires so that the test results, reviews, and surveys would have some remote chance of being relative to each other. How much of a performance hit is there really in "extreme" vs. "max" (if there is one) - we'll probably never know because they won't mix them in the tests.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

  7. #21
    Registered User STiDriven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    502
    Quote Originally Posted by ninefourteener View Post
    This is "only" a track tire? Why not go with the Hoosier A6s? Stickiest DOT tires on the planet.

    For track tires that will "pass" as a street tire, I've always liked the Nitto NT-01, or the NT-05 if you want a dual-purpose, wet or dry tire.
    Because my auto-x class requires a treadwear of at least 140. The 'extreme performance' street tires are pretty much geared towards 'street tire' racing classes.

  8. #22
    Registered User Heide264's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    4,169
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    What I CANT STAND is that they are creating YET ANOTHER freakin' category. What a bunch of marketing BS. I want to have one category for high performance summer tires so that the test results, reviews, and surveys would have some remote chance of being relative to each other. How much of a performance hit is there really in "extreme" vs. "max" (if there is one) - we'll probably never know because they won't mix them in the tests.
    Ugh. I didn't know that. It's annoying to have them broken out like that. They should just put them in "performance summer", and you can always sort by treadwear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

  9. #23
    Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Late Devonian
    Posts
    13,135
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    Ugh. I didn't know that. It's annoying to have them broken out like that. They should just put them in "performance summer", and you can always sort by treadwear.
    Maybe I read it wrong - I had it in mind that the Max was the highest category before.

    Even if it isn't new I hate their categories - Ultra High, Max, then Extreme - make up your mind.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

  10. #24
    Pro Manscaper Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,794
    Whatever happened to "Good, better, best?"
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •