2013 WRX winter tires

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX winter tires within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey everyone.... soo last night it snowed a bit in Albany, NY. I would say maybe an inch fell..while I ...

2013 WRX winter tires

hey everyone....

soo last night it snowed a bit in Albany, NY. I would say maybe an inch fell..while I was approach a drive way to make a turn I hit the brakes pretty soft as I normally would in snowy conditions and the car slide a good amount. Those stock donlop summer tires aren't really good in the snow. I am trying to save a bit so I am thinking of just mounting some good all season tires and sell the stock ones....Can anyone recommend some good tires for all seasons? I prefer yokohamas, toyos, michelin, perrillis....
    thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Continental ExtremeContact DWS

Re: 2013 WRX winter tires

I got an extra set of wheels from the dealer with blizzaks on them. Those tires are insane how good they chew threw the snow.

Yeah I just got a set of Winterforce snow tires. 99 bucks a tire on tire rack, and I put them on steelies. This way you have a designated set of summer and winter wheels.

Ya the summer tires are not that great in the snow that this car comes with.. Just got snow last night and get on the gas just a little too much and the car slides a little and if you stop a little too hard it will slide. The awsome AWD in the WRX what gets me threw it all tho.. But im thinking of getting a good set of All seasons like the Continental Extremes i heard good thing about them and i was never a fan of switching tires ever season! I know switching is the best performance option but its more of a hassle for me in my busy life and always been easier going with a good set of all seasons. I live deep in the Mountains and always did good with all seasons in the snow.. But the key is to get a good set..

I Support ClubWRX
    im running firestone winterforce tires in 16" steelies and they arnt expensive
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

+1 on the firestone winterforce tires. I got mine for real cheap and they work very well. This is my second winter running them and they still look new. I've driven in 3-4" of snow and they handled it great.

can I use the continental dws in all seasons? its an all season tire? where can i get some rims for a good price?? I might just get a set of cheap rims with good tires cause winter tires in the summer might cause them to wear faster....life would be much easier if there was just one season..

I Support ClubWRX
    https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests...y.jsp?ttid=147

Check the UNYSOC link in my signature...

Quote Originally Posted by sbl30
    can I use the continental dws in all seasons? its an all season tire?
    Yes
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC