Installing Kart Boy Endlinks
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Installing Kart Boy Endlinks within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey all, apparently my stock front endlinks on my 13 rex snapped and the dealer wont cover it under warranty ...

Installing Kart Boy Endlinks

Hey all, apparently my stock front endlinks on my 13 rex snapped and the dealer wont cover it under warranty .
    But its just the excuse I need to upgrade my suspension. Ive decided on getting the Kart Boy front endlinks and was wondering if they should be installed with the suspension under load or unloaded. Thanks.
    Last edited by anpato; 01-14-2013 at 08:47 AM.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Loaded, always. Get a set of ramps. Depending on your ride height, you might get away with the car on the ground. I can on my bugeye just by turning the wheel to each side, but your car will be lower.

Is the suspension completely stock? Why would they deny a warranty claim on endlinks? That's odd. If you are replacing them, you may as well do front and rear. Endlinks are pretty cheap.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Theres no way I can fit under the car even at stock ride height, luckily my friend has ramps. They supposedly claimed that the sway bar was taken off and put back on even though I have stock suspension.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

If they are lying to you and you havent removed it ever i would put up alot more of a fight man. Dont let them screw you over

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by anpato View Post
    Theres no way I can fit under the car even at stock ride height, luckily my friend has ramps. They supposedly claimed that the sway bar was taken off and put back on even though I have stock suspension.
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstar4l View Post
    If they are lying to you and you havent removed it ever i would put up alot more of a fight man. Dont let them screw you over
    It depends on how valuable your warranty is. Kartboy endlinks would be more robust than the factory links, but if the dealer is already this difficult to work with, especially such a cheap and simple warranty claim (only a couple hundred $$$ in factory links and less than an hour of labor), this sort of thing would probably give them more BS excuses to deny other claims. I'd talk with them as suggested, but I would go in armed with all available service records and any other record you can use as ammo against them.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Im not worried about it, after this im not taking my car there anymore. I only took it to them to find out what was wrong.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ

I Support ClubWRX
    Good call.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon

Quote Originally Posted by rockstar4l View Post
    I knew they were going to deny warranty, all because the bracing was painted.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Good call.
    Atleast its a good excuse to start upgrading my suspension.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    Yes..... do them with the suspension loaded.... on ramps.

...... and get some extra washers/spacers. Kartboys do not come with enough, dpending on which swaybar you use.

Nevertheless, you want to make sure those links are EXACTLY straight up and down (perpendicular to the ground).... absolutely no angle should be present... otherwise you'll strain them and possibly break them. Good luck.
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

Quote Originally Posted by ninefourteener View Post
    Yes..... do them with the suspension loaded.... on ramps.

...... and get some extra washers/spacers. Kartboys do not come with enough, dpending on which swaybar you use.

Nevertheless, you want to make sure those links are EXACTLY straight up and down (perpendicular to the ground).... absolutely no angle should be present... otherwise you'll strain them and possibly break them. Good luck.
    I'll be installing them on the stock front sway bar for now, I'll be ugrading to the eibach sways sometime this spring. Where can I find the Washers and spacers?
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ

You can find plated washers at Home Depot. This thread should help:
    2013 WRX Limited Eibach Sway Bars and Kartboy Endlinks Install (lots of pics)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.