06 WRX TR Upgrades?

This is a discussion on 06 WRX TR Upgrades? within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I own an 06 WRX TR that I have had for a couple years and I am done with the ...

06 WRX TR Upgrades?

I own an 06 WRX TR that I have had for a couple years and I am done with the warranty now. I wanted to maybe do some simple upgrades like suspension or exhaust. I have some gauges from an 06 tc I turboed (AFR gauge, Boost, and exhaust temp). I was wondering if I could get some input or advice on where to start. I do know the first thing I will change are the brakes, upgrading to some slotted and drilled rotor, simply because my current rotors have a small warp from a couple close calls from Missouri bad drivers. Any advise would be great and I dont have a lot to spend as I just bought my wife a new car. Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Anyone have suggestions on a good set of rotors to go with. I was looking at some Hart slotted and drilled rotors.

I Support ClubWRX
    Skip slotted and drilled rotors; just get a set of blanks like Centric Premiums.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Skip the rotor. Just get good pads, stainless steel lines and good fluid.

I personally have Hawk Ceramic Pads and Motul 600 RBF. I have the lines but haven't put them on yet due to not having a flare nut wrench set.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Well the only reason I want rotors is to replace the ones I have, which have a little warp. I get some shake when braking at high speeds.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by KDuckWRX
    Well the only reason I want rotors is to replace the ones I have, which have a little warp. I get some shake when braking at high speeds.
    Stick with blanks.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Don't go the slotted or drilled route. A lot of ppl think. Oh we'll Porsches and the like have them from the factory so they must be better. Well there's a reason a brake job on a Porsche cost over $1000. Those $50-$60 slotted rotors arent made to the same standards as an oem like Porsche does. Buy a good set of centric premium(as already mentioned) or brembo blanks. Hell to be honest I'd install factory replacement autozone rotors before I went the drilled route.

Ok so I got some centric plain rotors. The reviews are great on these by the way.

I also just thought about gathering parts for the timing belt and pulley change. And after some research I realized the water pump should be changed as well. So I think this will be my next big project, since the car has 75k, it won't hurt to get ready for that.