need advice on stiffing up the rear end or raising it

This is a discussion on need advice on stiffing up the rear end or raising it within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; soo i am planning a road trip this spring cross country and i am having some worries about the height ...

need advice on stiffing up the rear end or raising it

soo i am planning a road trip this spring cross country and i am having some worries about the height of the rear of the car. if i get to much weight in the car it tends to bottom out very easily and overall the rear height is lower than i would like. without getting into overly expensive lift kits and such i was wondering what my options might be. i found spacers that go between the strut and body, not sure how that would affect the car over time. just need some more height for when i load the gear this spring. thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The load capacity is not really all that great, that's probably why you end up with bottoming out. Additional spacers would only lift the rear and still bottom out the same way, just at a higher level. You might want to look into "progressive" springs. They would allow for additional load and bottom out only after considerable more load then the normal proportional. But when under high load they would also make the shocks wear faster...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

do some squats and lunges, worked for my rear end

Thanks I appreciate the idea(s)/ help. Ill look into the progressive springs. Would raising my car affect the traction control at all?? I had brought the issue up at work and that was a concern by shifting the weight? Also I'm not into working out, but I may give it a shoot if it fixes my sag.

It wouldn't affect traction control at all, not in the least. Loaded/empty car would have WAY more effect and nobody ever talks about that..., besides the weight doesn't get shifted at all, think about the slight diff in center-of-gravity with the rear a bit higher or lower...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?