Enkei Wheels

This is a discussion on Enkei Wheels within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I am in the process of trying to decide what wheels to get for my summer tires (would rather ...

I Support ClubWRX

Enkei Wheels

So I am in the process of trying to decide what wheels to get for my summer tires (would rather keep the stock wheels dedicated to my winter tires rather than pay $100 twice a year to get them switched over). I am thinking about the Enkei Raijin 18.9.5 wheels (see link below). The only hessitation that I have is that the link tells me they will not fit my 2011 STI. I am confused because based on the specs it seems they would fit (just an inch wider, and the offset is .35 rather than .55 stock). Any input on if you think these would fit on somewhat hassel free?

Thanks!

Enkei Raijin Rims Matte Black 18x9 5 5x114 3 35 4 New Wheels | eBay

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    The only thing I would be worried about is the wheel clearing Brembos. Besides the clearance issues, the wheel bolt pattern is correct and the ET is slightly lower than ideal, but shouldn't cause too much issue. 18x9.5 is a little wider than I would recommend. I would consider 18x9 to maintain a constant contact patch.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Ok, thanks for the reply. These are weighing in at ~26lbs per wheel, which I think might be a little heavy. I don't think my stock wheels are that heavy. Wouldn't want to do an downgrade!

EDIT - well i suppose an 18x9.5 might be expected to be heavier than an 18x8.5...
    Last edited by 11blackSTi; 01-09-2013 at 06:45 AM.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Ok, thanks for the reply. These are weighing in at ~26lbs per wheel, which I think might be a little heavy. I don't think my stock wheels are that heavy. Wouldn't want to do an downgrade!

EDIT - well i suppose an 18x9.5 might be expected to be heavier than an 18x8.5...
    It's not the weight that worries me. A very wide wheel works against the scrub radius of the suspension making it difficult for the wheel to maintain a constant contact patch.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    I think I like these ones better. I would go with the .45 offset if I got them. Also, thanks for the wheel width suggestion, I will definitely go with a 9" rather than 9.5" based on your recommendation!

Enkei PF01 18x9" Racing Wheel Wheels 5x112 5x114 3 Offset 35 45 Matte Black | eBay

I Support ClubWRX
    I personally like the look of the PF01 a lot.
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

I do like both of the wheels you posted, but Zach is right on fitment.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    I know I'm being lazy now but you guys are very helpful! What would you say would be the ideal fit tire for 18x9 wheel?
    Thanks!

I Support ClubWRX
    Would you guys say that a 255/35/18 would work well on an 18x9?

For me i would stick with the stock wheels over spending the money on a extra set of aftermarket wheels. I think the stock WRX wheels look great. As for the winter if its forecast to be a bad winter i would go with true snow tires with cheep steel wheels. If its going to be a mild winter with snow just here and there like its been for the last couple of years i would just go with good all seasons on my stock wheels and the days it snows and there is salt on the road just make sure to wash afterwards at the car wash. Thats my plan..

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Zman13 View Post
    For me i would stick with the stock wheels over spending the money on a extra set of aftermarket wheels. I think the stock WRX wheels look great. As for the winter if its forecast to be a bad winter i would go with true snow tires with cheep steel wheels. If its going to be a mild winter with snow just here and there like its been for the last couple of years i would just go with good all seasons on my stock wheels and the days it snows and there is salt on the road just make sure to wash afterwards at the car wash. Thats my plan..
    I actually want to spend the extra money on the wheels. My stock STI wheels are great, but I have them powder coated and each time they strip the winter/summers off, there runs the risk of them getting bunged up. I pay $100 twice a year to get them switched over from summer to winter and vice versa. After five years that is $1000 for nothing except scratched wheels. I can change them over myself for free once the tires are mounted and balanced.

I would never run A/S's on my car. That is just my personal feeling because I live in Maine and the roads get pretty bad. I value my car and my life!

i like the second set! wow i shouldve looked on ebay for my wheels! next set i guess. i used wheeldude.com for my wheels

I actually want to spend the extra money on the wheels. My stock STI wheels are great, but I have them powder coated and each time they strip the winter/summers off, there runs the risk of them getting bunged up. I pay $100 twice a year to get them switched over from summer to winter and vice versa. After five years that is $1000 for nothing except scratched wheels. I can change them over myself for free once the tires are mounted and balanced.

I would never run A/S's on my car. That is just my personal feeling because I live in Maine and the roads get pretty bad. I value my car and my life!
    Ya i here ya.. I dont disagree with you at all especially where you live and the winter you get up that way. I would do the same. For me right now tho im going to stick with the stock for a little while as long as the winters are Mild.. As far as A/S tires i have never had a problem with them and i live on top of a mountain where i get more snow then the lower elevation.. when they are on 4 or AWD drive that is. Would snow tires be better in the winter and vise versa for the summer YES! Now on rear wheel drive and FWD winter tires are a deff Must!

I Support ClubWRX
    Just purchased four of these...matte black. 18x9 .45 offset. It's going to be tough to have them sitting in my garage for four months!!!

Enkei PF01 Black Wheels Rims - WRX/STI/EVO

Pretty good deal if I must say so myself

I Support ClubWRX

Enkei Wheels

Just purchased four of these...matte black. 18x9 .45 offset. It's going to be tough to have them sitting in my garage for four months!!!

Enkei PF01 Black Wheels Rims - WRX/STI/EVO

Pretty good deal if I must say so myself
    Nice. I love that wheel in black. It's gonna look great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html