Swaybar manufacturer help
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Swaybar manufacturer help within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey everyone I'm looking at buying swaysbars and endlinks for my 2007 wrx sedan and I want 24mm fronts and ...

Swaybar manufacturer help

Hey everyone I'm looking at buying swaysbars and endlinks for my 2007 wrx sedan and I want 24mm fronts and 22 mm rear adjustable and if I can get the front adjustable that would be niCe. I also want end links and I want everything to be from the same company or at least the sway bars. Does anyone know a reputable manufacturer who carries these sizes?
    STU 17
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #117
    WATCH THIS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Whiteline sways
    Kartboy endlinks

Very popular setup, for good reason.

Front: 24mm/26mm
    Rear: 20mm/22mm/24mm

What struts/springs do you have on the car? How many miles on the car?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Whiteline sways
    Kartboy endlinks

What struts/springs do you have on the car? How many miles on the car?
    Around 25k miles and stock springs and struts I don't want to spend too much money and sways + end links are the cheapest suspension upgrade. And what vendor do you use? I looked at jscspeed and they didn't have those sizes. And are kart boy end links better than white lines?
    STU 17
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #117
    WATCH THIS

I Support ClubWRX
    Whiteline sways
    Kartboy endlinks

+1 ^. I went with Rallitek sways and endlinks. The ones I have are 25 mm front and 22 mm rear. They aren't adjustable, but the endlinks and sways are from the same company. I really like them.
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

What are you going to be using the car for? What about the current suspension makes you want to change the sways?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruWRC
    Around 25k miles and stock springs and struts I don't want to spend too much money and sways + end links are the cheapest suspension upgrade. And what vendor do you use? I looked at jscspeed and they didn't have those sizes. And are kart boy end links better than white lines?
    The reason I asked is because sways should compliment the springs (and therefore, struts). You do rough correction of body roll with the springs (springs handle both front/back and side/side roll), and fine-tune it with the sways. If you plan to stick with stock/mild springs, 24 F / 22 R setup is a solid choice.

I prefer Kartboy endlinks over the Whiteline variant. Personal preference, and I know more people who've sold their Whiteline to buy Kartboy than vice versa (if that tells you anything).

A vendor I use quite often is Turn-in Concepts; enthusiasts first, salespeople second. If you call them up, I'd bet they tell you the same exact setup I'm recommending. When dealing with suspension advice, there are few other vendors who you want to go with. My advice is to call them up, speak to Tony or Clint, and buy whatever they tell you. My confidence in them stems from years of advice and customer service, including them telling me to buy a product they don't sell over one they do because they felt it better suited my needs. I was pretty much sold on them before, but that phone conversation solidified that as long as they're around, if they sell a part, they have my business.

UNYSOC

I use the car mainly as a Daily Driver and I also autox, but I plan to track it some in the future. I think the whiteline with the kartboy endlinks sounds like a solid setup with 24 in the from and 22 in the rear. Do you think I need that adjustable front 24mm bar?
    STU 17
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #117
    WATCH THIS

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruWRC
    I use the car mainly as a Daily Driver and I also autox, but I plan to track it some in the future. I think the whiteline with the kartboy endlinks sounds like a solid setup with 24 in the from and 22 in the rear. Do you think I need that adjustable front 24mm bar?
    Since you bring up Auto-X, do you do sanctioned events with classes? Are you competitive or do you go just for improved skills? What will this do to your class, if applicable?

Up to you. The benefit of an adjustable bar is you can make the bar stiffer without a full install, by changing which hole the endlink goes in. With stock/mild springs, I don't think you'll really need to step up to the 26mm setting (and it may be too much bar). Personally, I would go with the adjustable version in case down the line you decide to do a good spring upgrade.

Tracking the car puts you in a situation where you'd want better springs. Something along the lines of RCE or Swift Spec-Rs. You could get away with milder springs, but it will be a weak point for you, IMO.

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Whiteline sways
    Kartboy endlinks

I would agree completely, but that combo does not work on my car. Granted I still haven't found out exactly what the issue is, and I have the 24mm adjustable rear, not the 22mm, but still..

When installed the swaybars are at an odd angle that makes it impossible to put the front endlinks on, and the rear can only be installed in the softest setting. In the pic here you can see the attachment points on the bar are at such an angle that it causes the endlink to dig into the bar and bind up, IF you could actually get it close enough to put a bolt through, which you cannot.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame
    I would agree completely, but that combo does not work on my car. Granted I still haven't found out exactly what the issue is, and I have the 24mm adjustable rear, not the 22mm, but still..
    Your car is a horrible example, because it's cursed

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Your car is a horrible example, because it's cursed

This is true... the only thing I can really think of is someone put the wrong bar in the box before shipping them out. The damn part numbers are hard to get too after it's installed.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame
    This is true... the only thing I can really think of is someone put the wrong bar in the box before shipping them out. The damn part numbers are hard to get too after it's installed.
    With how many times this setup has been used, either you got a manufacturer defect or the wrong P/N. There's no other explanations I can think of.

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.