2002 bad rear stuts
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2002 bad rear stuts within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey i need to replace one of my rear struts and since im gonna have the car up in the ...

2002 bad rear stuts

hey i need to replace one of my rear struts and since im gonna have the car up in the air id figure i might as well do both. i will be doing it DIY to save money. but im looking online for the struts and there are so many kinds. i just want the basic OEM struts i can pick up at my local auto parts store. Anyone out there work on an 02' rear struts? heard its a pain. But it will save me a few hundred bucks. i just need to know things like. do the new struts come with the springs and everything? a lot of sites online dont show the springs on them. and how would i go about taking the old ones out and putting the new ones in. im guessing i need to take out my back seat and more to get to the mounts. just some help and tips to make it go a bit smoother for me would be great. wanna fix the bumpy ride.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

I Support ClubWRX
    You'll need an alignment. While you're taking them apart now, you may as well do all four.

Look at the KYB GR2s
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

thanks for the input guys

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I would replace all four at once.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.