Do I need both F/R Sway Bars?

This is a discussion on Do I need both F/R Sway Bars? within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a new '13 SWP 5 door WRX with about 1800 miles on it and am looking to put ...

Do I need both F/R Sway Bars?

I have a new '13 SWP 5 door WRX with about 1800 miles on it and am looking to put on some sway bars. My question: Is it a waste to just purchase a RSB without purchasing a FSB for the time being or should I wait and purchase both together? I read the Sticky on Sway bars and end links and didn't come across this answer. I am a spirited daily drive, no track or auto x, I simply want a little upgrade in handling.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Not at all! Upgrade them as you see fit.

I am not familiar with the front/rear spring bias on the WRX compared to the STi, but I would expect the car to feel a lot nicer with a decent sized rear sway bar. I'd recommend getting an 'adjustable' one so you can fine tune it.

You may want to grab some end links as well. Kartboys are popular. I prefer the ones that you can adjust the length (spherical ones - I believe whiteline makes them).

Get a custom alignment as well. You'll notice a significant improvement with just that. Max out your negative camber up front (without any cross camber) and aim for zero toe all the way around. That and a nice set of tires (dedicated summer tires if you live in a snowy region) will really wake the car up. I'd put this above the sway bars personally, but you may find that you want a bit more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

I Support ClubWRX
    If you're only going to upgrade one bar, do the front.

I addressed this recently:
    New to Wrx and my 2013 needs a Xmas present
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Re: Do I need both F/R Sway Bars?

Great info, thank you! The alignment to specs and fsb won't do anything to the warranty will it?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlanseay
    Great info, thank you! The alignment to specs and fsb won't do anything to the warranty will it?
    Will it cause a claim to be denied for the window motor? No. Could a damaged suspension component claim get denied? It could. If the part itself didn't directly cause the failure, they may claim "abuse".

Talk to your service manager or local guys about the dealership. Every dealership has a different modification policy. There's a service manager here who will browse local forums to prove mods and deny claims. Another one will grant any claim that the regional rep doesn't have to approve.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC