Can Anyone Identify these rims? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Can Anyone Identify these rims? within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by anpato He's on air bag suspension Apparently he didn't pump it up today...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by anpato View Post
    He's on air bag suspension
    Apparently he didn't pump it up today

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    I agree, that Flat Black looks saweet! I got some money from Subaru to repaint my hood and I am thinking about having the whole car done in Flat Black. $3K was my quote...Pretty steep!
    Have it plasti-dipped black. If you get tired of it just peel it off and should be much cheaper than standard paint especially if you DIY this site sells everything you need to do a whole car in the $400 range including sprayer. www.dipyourcar.com

If DIY isn't your thing here is a New York shop that will do it for you. https://www.dipyourcar.com/pages.php?pageid=40
    Last edited by SKI.WRX; 01-02-2013 at 11:06 AM.

As fragile as our paint is, I wonder what the long term effects of plastidip would be.
    2013 SWP WRX 5-Door
    2005 OBP WRX 4-Door SOLD

Haha its not like the paint is paper. There are a bunch of videos on youtube of people peeling off plastidip after various amounts of time and I haven't seen one where paint has been damaged. Maybe if you had a spot that the paint was already peeling or bubbling it could pull that spot up.

Banned
    My buddy has several items plasti dipped on his car and he's never had a problem with the paint while peeling it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn0wman86 View Post
    My buddy has several items plasti dipped on his car and he's never had a problem with the paint while peeling it off.
    +1. I just plastidipped my stock BBS wheels today, and they look amazing. I also dipped my driver side door just to see what it would look like. Granted, I only had it on for about an hour, but it peeled off all in one piece and left the door even cleaner than it was before. I'd consider dipping my car to preserve the paint; damaging it with plastidip should probably be the least of anyone's worries unless you have an old, flaky paint job with the clear peeling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12