Master Cylinder Brace
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Master Cylinder Brace within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Thinking about installing one of these for better brake pedal feel. Anyone do this? If so, should I plan on ...

I Support ClubWRX

Master Cylinder Brace

Thinking about installing one of these for better brake pedal feel. Anyone do this? If so, should I plan on doing anything else with it or will this alone be an improvement?

Thanks,

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I've got one, but haven't installed it yet. It should be an improvement by itself, but SS lines are cheap and easy enough to do as well.

I Support ClubWRX
    Which one are you planning on installing? I am thinking about doing this myself. Let me know how it goes.
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

I Support ClubWRX
    I haven't tried one yet, but I've heard they help. I've also heard they are a beyotch to install...
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    I haven't tried one yet, but I've heard they help. I've also heard they are a beyotch to install...

Yeah.. I have the GS one and after a quick look I just decided to wait until my engine is out to do it, that makes everything much easier.

I installed the TiC brace. As with any upgrade, you may feel a difference if you want to. But, objectively, I can't say I really felt a before/after difference, even on track days. I'd say it's likely just "bling" on a street driven car, but it may provide real benefits on the track. It is kind of a PITA to install due to zero room to work.
    '02 WRX Wagon
    RCE wagon springs
    Koni inserts
    Com-C Top Mounts
    Kartboy Endlinks
    Sedan rear swaybar
    Others little stuff

I Support ClubWRX
    nice screen name haha
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

I have the Perrin brace. It took about 2 hours to install. Not that bad really. I feel the brace do its magic when brakes are heavily applied. It adds a good feedback when you stomp on the brake pedal. I like it.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx650 View Post
    Which one are you planning on installing? I am thinking about doing this myself. Let me know how it goes.
    I was thinking about the Perrin brace actually. They have a decent sale right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    I have also heard this. This is the kind of info I was looking for actually. I don't mind doing basic "easier" installs, but if it is going to be a pain at all I much rather pay someone a few $$'s to do it faster...Plus it's worth the money to me to know that it gets installed correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackwrx View Post
    nice screen name haha
    If you mean my screen name...yah, I have seen you reply to posts and it has taken me a few minutes to realize it wasn't me! (I didn't post that!!)

Quote Originally Posted by oguitar View Post
    I have the Perrin brace. It took about 2 hours to install. Not that bad really. I feel the brace do its magic when brakes are heavily applied. It adds a good feedback when you stomp on the brake pedal. I like it.
    This is what I was hoping to hear. For $80 thought it might be a good way to help improve the braking response. I was also thinking about doing brake lines this spring with new brake fluid (after the salt season).

Thanks for all the thoughts everyone!

flk
    I have the grimmspeed. Supposed to be harder to install than the Perrin, but more solid. It took me a good 3 hours; half of it spent threading the bottom bolt. Cut up my hands pretty good. You need every tool they list in the install video else you will get nowhere.

I Support ClubWRX
    I use one and yes it helps... I also added Goodridge SS brake lines ( I was told these are really the best ones you can buy) & these made a HUGE difference. The brace only gives you better feel though..nothing mechanical. The brake lines I would say would be the best bang for your buck, and use some better brake fluid.

I Support ClubWRX

Master Cylinder Brace

Quote Originally Posted by carnevino View Post
    I use one and yes it helps... I also added Goodridge SS brake lines ( I was told these are really the best ones you can buy) & these made a HUGE difference. The brace only gives you better feel though..nothing mechanical. The brake lines I would say would be the best bang for your buck, and use some better brake fluid.
    I was thinking about doing some stainless in a couple months when I replace the brake fluid. Should I wait to do the brace until then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by carnevino View Post
    Awesome...Thanks for the tips. Any place (internet seller) in particular that you think gives good deals on the brake lines?

I Support ClubWRX
    Wrx650, yeah i would just do both at the same time.

11blacksti, I bought mine from Zinkai Motorsports (subie of las vegas performance dept). I think I paid just a bit over 100$. I'm sure some of the vendors on here would give you a fair deal. I always enjoy talking to the guys at Kronos and they don't pressure you to buy anything. I think the "blue" fluid was around 30ish maybe? The difference the SS lines made on my car really blew me away.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.