H&R Sport Springs 08+ STI

This is a discussion on H&R Sport Springs 08+ STI within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just wondering if anyone has installed these and what the thoughts are on them? I found them on sale on ...

I Support ClubWRX

H&R Sport Springs 08+ STI

Just wondering if anyone has installed these and what the thoughts are on them? I found them on sale on the PERRIN website (Down from $349 to $216 and with a 10% off coupon i have would be less than $200). Seems like a good deal. They lower the car 1" front and back. I won't consider though if I hear they are junk.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks,

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

H&R makes great quality springs and is an OEM supplier to companies like Porsche. You need to get struts to match up with them though.

Why do you want lowering springs? The suspension on the car is already excellent and even if you're tracking the car, the stock suspension is already well up to the job. I did a lot a track time in my STI and it was amazing on the track.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    I would skip them, personally. If you want aesthetic springs, they're an option.

If you want performance springs on the '08+ STI, look at the RCE Blacks/Yellows.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Yeah, what are the spring rates for them? That should be your deciding factor.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Yeah, what are the spring rates for them? That should be your deciding factor.
    I'm not sure what the spring rates are...I don't track the car because i wouldn't want to risk having the daily driver down!

To be honest I was just thinking if it was sitting an inch lower it would look pretty sweet and for $195 it was pretty cheap! But if I'm going to have to dump more money in for struts ill just keep it sitting on what is already a pretty badass set up!

Thanks for the thoughts and from making me reconsider what may have been a dumb purchase!