Having a hard time looking for rims
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Having a hard time looking for rims within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am having a hard time finding a rim that would look good on my car. I am very picky ...

I am having a hard time finding a rim that would look good on my car. I am very picky but i just looking for a light weight wheel that looks exceptional on my wrx. I am most likely going 18" rims 9"wide. I am Open to all suggestions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

Buy something TUV approved.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Buy something TUV approved.
    tuv?

I Support ClubWRX

Technischer Überwachungsverein.

Although DE bureaucracy is truly appalling, a TUV certification (required to allow the wheel to be used in a road car in DE) shows the wheel maker cares about safety.

You will be trusting your life to a commercial product by some company. Make sure they care. Make sure they are serious.

I believe the certificates need reevaluation every few years, so the maker must be quite committed. I'd look for it.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Where have you looked? There are a lot of sites with large selections of Subaru wheels. Tire Rack is always a good place to start since they have at least 50+ different wheels, but there are a bunch of other sites too.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

lsd motorsports is having a groupbuy for enkei rpf1s 17x9.5 +38 nice and wide!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#8089
    MODS LIST

yes i have been there but I'm very picky.

Quote Originally Posted by Acrdys View Post
    lsd motorsports is having a groupbuy for enkei rpf1s 17x9.5 +38 nice and wide!
    ill check them out

I Support ClubWRX

I would trust Enkei. Three of my cars came with Enkei wheels from the factory, meaning they meet OEM safety standards and are demonstrably legal.

You can't see the wheels when you are driving the car. Looks only matter when the car is parked, and you are outside it. So, looks are secondary...

yea. but i like appearance since my car does more sitting then driving. I am working on appearance first then heavily modding within a lengthy period of time.

I Support ClubWRX

I'd not hesitate with Enkei, Speedline, Team Dynamics, O.Z., BBS.

Some (Asian mostly) brands may be priced well and currently fashionable, but fashion is what goes out of style and we're talking about something entirely unnecessary (you already have wheels...) on which your life depends, so I'd go with an established maker that cares enough to road certify the product, and accept the added cost if need be.

I'd not hesitate with Enkei, Speedline, Team Dynamics, O.Z., BBS.

Some (Asian mostly) brands may be priced well and currently fashionable, but fashion is what goes out of style and we're talking about something entirely unnecessary (you already have wheels...) on which your life depends, so I'd go with an established maker that cares enough to road certify the product, and accept the added cost if need be.
    but i want a bigger rim will look better and wider tires for gripping. i checked with BBS but i wasnt excited about the rims they had.It would cost me about 3.2k .I want somthing that would extremely nice on my car.

I Support ClubWRX

Enkei have less costly options for example.

OP, reading your responses, I don't see how anyone here can help you with personal taste...
    '02 WRX Wagon
    RCE wagon springs
    Koni inserts
    Com-C Top Mounts
    Kartboy Endlinks
    Sedan rear swaybar
    Others little stuff

Technischer Überwachungsverein.

Although DE bureaucracy is truly appalling, a TUV certification (required to allow the wheel to be used in a road car in DE) shows the wheel maker cares about safety.

You will be trusting your life to a commercial product by some company. Make sure they care. Make sure they are serious.

I believe the certificates need reevaluation every few years, so the maker must be quite committed. I'd look for it.

I should know this, but doe sthe US have an "equivalent" certification? Like maybe DoT? They cert helmets, right?
    '02 WRX Wagon
    RCE wagon springs
    Koni inserts
    Com-C Top Mounts
    Kartboy Endlinks
    Sedan rear swaybar
    Others little stuff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast