WHAT TIRES TO GET??
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WHAT TIRES TO GET?? within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 09 WRX, I still have the dunlops from the factory on it, but they only last around ...

WHAT TIRES TO GET??

I have a 09 WRX, I still have the dunlops from the factory on it, but they only last around 22k miles. What does everybody recommend to get and I need some that last longer and don't cost 900$ to get

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Cooper Zeon RS3-S. These are excellent tires...currently have them on my STI. 10k miles through them and they have great handling, excellent traction, dry and wet. Cost a total of $515 shipped to me.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I like the Conti Extreme DW. Great grip dry and wet, last a decent amount of miles and on the cheaper end of the price scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Mf645 View Post
    I like the Conti Extreme DW. Great grip dry and wet, last a decent amount of miles and on the cheaper end of the price scale.
    Those are a good recommendation but have you tried the Conti Extreme DWS? Excellent ultra high performance all-season tire and they run $140 a piece. Used them on my Audi and they were fantastic. My friend also has been using the Kumho Ecsta 4X on his ride and he says they are even better than the Conti's were and only cost $117 a piece. Best of luck in your decision!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by N8INCHATT
    Those are a good recommendation but have you tried the Conti Extreme DWS? Excellent ultra high performance all-season tire and they run $140 a piece. Used them on my Audi and they were fantastic.
    He's asking about summer tires.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    He's asking about summer tires.
    His original post doesn't mention anything about wanting summer tires, only wanting new tires.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by N8INCHATT
    His original post doesn't mention anything about wanting summer tires, only wanting new tires.
    Looking to replace factory tires, which are summers. Just busting chops, bud.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

That and I'd never recommend a tire that isn't particular good in any season...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    That and I'd never recommend a tire that isn't particular good in any season...
    Which is why I was recommending a good all-season tire. Just wanted to give my feedback which I assume when done with respect is appreciated. I don't enjoy coming on here to get my "chops busted".

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dacrewlilkev View Post
    I have a 09 WRX, I still have the dunlops from the factory on it, but they only last around 22k miles. What does everybody recommend to get and I need some that last longer and don't cost 900$ to get
    You should clarify a bit. Are you looking for a replacement summer performance tire? Do you live somewhere that gets any snow and have a spare set of wheels for winter use?

If you are looking for a performance summer, I'm big on recommending the best tires you can afford. They are you biggest improvement in terms of handling, car feel, and stopping distance. I wouldn't recommend the stockers again. I'd recommend the dunlop Z1 star specs, but they are currently being replaced by another line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    dunlop Z1 star specs
    Had two sets of them, excellent autox tires. Made the switch to Michelin Pilot Super Sport - quite happy with those as they a better road tire. They did very well on my first track day back in September.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Had two sets of them, excellent autox tires. Made the switch to Michelin Pilot Super Sport - quite happy with those as they a better road tire. They did very well on my first track day back in September.
    Let me introduce a new tire - Dunlop Direzza II - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com

I know its on another forum, but you may find that interesting =)
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    Let me introduce a new tire - Dunlop Direzza II - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com

I know its on another forum, but you may find that interesting =)
    Looks to sacrifice some wet for more dry grip. :/ Fine if that is what you want. Big tread blocks usually make for better dry grip.

I wanted better wet - why I went with the Michelins.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Looks to sacrifice some wet for more dry grip. :/ Fine if that is what you want. Big tread blocks usually make for better dry grip.

I wanted better wet - why I went with the Michelins.
    I am up for that trade personally - I always take it very easy in the rain. I'm more concerned with the noise levels.
    2011 STi Build Log

I Support ClubWRX
    The Dunlops were rather loud.
    Mods & Pics

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.