2013 WRX Northern Westchester Owner-What I swapped the Summer Performance Tires For

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX Northern Westchester Owner-What I swapped the Summer Performance Tires For within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Greetings to the WRX World! Have a new 2013 WRX Premium Sedan, my 7th Subaru since 1996, my 2nd WRX, ...

2013 WRX Northern Westchester Owner-What I swapped the Summer Performance Tires For

Greetings to the WRX World!

Have a new 2013 WRX Premium Sedan, my 7th Subaru since 1996, my 2nd WRX, I also owned a STI

My 1st disclaimer: DO NOT DRIVE YOUR WRX WITH THE STOCK SUMMER PERFORMANCE TIRES IN THE SNOW!!!

That being said...I have never driven any car in my life, with dedicated SNOW TIRES.

Your opinions may vary, but I drive All Season Long...on All Season Tires...and never had a problem with them in the snow, mud, wet, dirt trails, or slippery wet road conditions in the spring, or fall (especially with wet leaves on the road)

My 2nd disclaimer: Drive safe and do not speed for the road conditions regardless of the season, keep your eyes all over the road, watch the other drivers, AND give yourself plenty of stopping distance!!!

Below is a pic of new WRX tires:

Attachment 109726

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Check out this pic of my 2005 WRX with the factory stock Bridgestone All Season Tires in the snow...they never let me down in any season for the 2 years I owned this WRX...those tires never caused a wreck of my REX!

NOTE: I drove 25 miles on un-plowed roads to capture this pic in a virgin field of snow...all on dirt roads to get there

Just waiting for the same drive this Winter in my new 2013 WRX with the Conti Extreme Dry Wet Snow Ultra High Performance All Season Tires...report to follow

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0026 1.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	109727
    Last edited by pmacey; 11-22-2012 at 11:36 AM.

Still learning how to post multiple pics to a post

A little snow removal was needed once I got my WRX home, after having a GO IN THE SNOW:

WRX: Can pound the pavement, drives in the snow with amazement:

Name:	IMAG0034 2.JPG 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	109728

Quote Originally Posted by pmacey View Post
    Check out this pic of my 2005 WRX with the factory stock Bridgestone All Season Tires in the snow...they never let me down in any season for the 2 years I owned this WRX...those tires never caused a wreck of my REX!

NOTE: I drove 25 miles on un-plowed roads to capture this pic in a virgin field of snow...all on dirt roads to get there

Just waiting for the same drive this Winter in my new 2013 WRX with the Conti Extreme Dry Wet Snow Ultra High Performance All Season Tires...report to follow

Name:	IMAG0026 1.jpg 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	109727
    You will really like the Conti DWS's! Had them on my Audi A4 and they were fantastic!