Do WRX's & STi's have the same size rear sway bar?

This is a discussion on Do WRX's & STi's have the same size rear sway bar? within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I only ask as this is an extremely popular, easy plug-N-play type mod for '10-'13 Outback/ Legacy owners that greatly ...

Do WRX's & STi's have the same size rear sway bar?

I only ask as this is an extremely popular, easy plug-N-play type mod for '10-'13 Outback/ Legacy owners that greatly improves the sloppy handling of those cars. I was wondering if the '11+ WRX models already come with the 19mm STi rear sway or exactly what size it is? and if anyone has swapped this part on their car? And if not can I buy the 19mm STi rear bar that the Outback/ Legacy guys are putting on directly to their cars to my '13 WRX, non-STi and improve some of the body roll when cornering? Any help greatly appreciated in advance.
    Current vehicles:

2013 WRX Sedan, Base, SWP, Wingless
    2011 Outback, Premium, 2.5i, CVT , SWP
    2011 Ford F-150, SuperCab, XLT, 5.0L, V8

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Stock sizes for the wrx are 21 and 16, front and rear. You can swap the STI 19 mm bar in I believe. It will help, but I think it will also change the dynamics of the car if you only upgrade the rear and not the front, increasing oversteer.

Do you have a specific budget for this? Lots of people upgrade both along with aftermarket endlinks and have lots of good things to say about doing so.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Stock sizes for the wrx are 21 and 16, front and rear. You can swap the STI 19 mm bar in I believe. It will help, but I think it will also change the dynamics of the car if you only upgrade the rear and not the front, increasing oversteer.

Do you have a specific budget for this? Lots of people upgrade both along with aftermarket endlinks and have lots of good things to say about doing so.
    No don't really have a specific budget for it, just figured since the rear bar is an easy buy in at just $70-90 online depending on where you find it, I would just do that simple mod first.
    Current vehicles:

I took a 12 STI rear bar and installed it on my 12 WRX with no problems. Car felt better in the turns and it was only 100 bucks....plus, its a subaru part. Great first mod.

Quote Originally Posted by brigadoonb View Post
    I took a 12 STI rear bar and installed it on my 12 WRX with no problems. Car felt better in the turns and it was only 100 bucks....plus, its a subaru part. Great first mod.
    Good to know, think I'm going to do it.
    Current vehicles: