Winter tires - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 21 of 21

This is a discussion on Winter tires within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys I'm thinking of getting these, what do you think? I'm new to this so any advice will be ...

  1. #16
    Registered User jsantos1082's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    River Edge, NJ
    Posts
    404
    Hey guys I'm thinking of getting these, what do you think? I'm new to this so any advice will be much appreciated

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	153.0 KB 
ID:	110223
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,663
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jsantos1082
    Hey guys I'm thinking of getting these, what do you think? I'm new to this so any advice will be much appreciated
    Great budget snow tire
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

  4. #18
    Registered User jsantos1082's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    River Edge, NJ
    Posts
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Great budget snow tire

    What's better? Use the stock rims or get another set of rims with these tires? I'm sure you've already heard this question before, sorry guys.
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

  5. #19
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,663
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jsantos1082
    What's better? Use the stock rims or get another set of rims with these tires? I'm sure you've already heard this question before, sorry guys.
    Up to you and your budget. I'm of the mindset that in the winter time, you want the least expensive wheels you can, since it's going to be seeing halite. If you're going to have two sets of wheels/tires, buy new ones for the summer, and rock the stockers in the winter.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

  6. #20
    Registered User jsantos1082's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    River Edge, NJ
    Posts
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Up to you and your budget. I'm of the mindset that in the winter time, you want the least expensive wheels you can, since it's going to be seeing halite. If you're going to have two sets of wheels/tires, buy new ones for the summer, and rock the stockers in the winter.

    I will certainly think about ur advice EJ. Does winter tires decrease gas mileage?
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

  7. #21
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,663
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jsantos1082
    I will certainly think about ur advice EJ. Does winter tires decrease gas mileage?
    Not really.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •