2013 WRX Winter Tires/Rims Setup - Bring on the snooow!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX Winter Tires/Rims Setup - Bring on the snooow! within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I recently picked up a set of 16" Sport Edition rims with Bridgestone Blizzak WS70 tires and I got a ...

I recently picked up a set of 16" Sport Edition rims with Bridgestone Blizzak WS70 tires and I got a chance to put them on today.

I'm super excited as this is the first time I will be driving an all-wheel drive car in a winter and on winter tires on top of that!

Here is how the setup looks on my 2013 Hatch:

Bring on the snow! I'm ready!
    Last edited by 00TypeR1071; 11-10-2012 at 06:54 PM.
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti - SOLD
    2000 PY Acura Integra Type R 59k miles - EX track warrior/weekend car
    2012 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback #2 - SOLD
    2015 WRB Subaru WRX - purchased on 5-06-2014
    "The Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy, but where are they." - Plutarch

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice! Those rims remind me of the Integra LS (web) wheels but on steroids lol!

Did you buy them new and do you mind me asking what you paid? I need to do a winter setup ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by CaQuin View Post
    Nice! Those rims remind me of the Integra LS (web) wheels but on steroids lol!

Did you buy them new and do you mind me asking what you paid? I need to do a winter setup ASAP!

You are right, they kind of do look like the LS meshies... I picked the up the whole set for $600 off of a local guy on craigslist! Tires and rims have about 2500 miles on them so they are practically brand new. TPMS sensors, lug nuts and even hub rings were included in the deal as well. Brand new set from tirerack is about $1300.
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti - SOLD
    2000 PY Acura Integra Type R 59k miles - EX track warrior/weekend car
    2012 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback #2 - SOLD
    2015 WRB Subaru WRX - purchased on 5-06-2014
    "The Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy, but where are they." - Plutarch

Nice find!

I got a set of Pirelli Winter Carving Edge from the Rack and I have had them on for about 1.5 months now... and damn it has not snowed. I can tell they are already wearing because of the weather but I am took cheap to put the summer tires back on and then spend more money to put back on the winters..

Bring on the snow dammit!
    2012 WRX Hatchback ISM - Base Model - STI STS, SPT Boost Gauge, AEM Intake, TP Stage 1 Tune, red illumination kit, cobb shift knob, 20% tint - currently on stock wheels wrapped in Pirelli Winter Carving Edge Tires
    Some cool tidbits to come...

hey guys im in the process of purchasing a set of winter tire/wheels. is it illegal to not have TPMS on these?
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

Quote Originally Posted by 00TypeR1071 View Post
    I'm super excited as this is the first time I will be driving an all-wheel drive car in a winter and on winter tires on top of that!
    You're going to be amazed with how well a set of winter tires makes a car perform versus all seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by mgmoehn View Post
    I got a set of Pirelli Winter Carving Edge from the Rack and I have had them on for about 1.5 months now... and damn it has not snowed. I can tell they are already wearing because of the weather but I am took cheap to put the summer tires back on and then spend more money to put back on the winters..
    Winter tires aren't just for snow. They're for cold temps just as much as snow. Leave them on instead of putting on a set of tires designed to work well only in temps above 50F.

Quote Originally Posted by jsantos1082 View Post
    hey guys im in the process of purchasing a set of winter tire/wheels. is it illegal to not have TPMS on these?
    No what would give you that idea? TPMS are required only for manufacturers to put on new cars. You can skip them. It'll cost you $60+ twice a year to have the dealer calibrate your car between the summer and winter sensors too.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by jsantos1082 View Post
    Most people just deal with having the light on their dash all winter. It doesn't do anything negative to the car to not have it installed. It's also really difficult to disable it.

Thanks for the reply guys. Yeah my Altimas tpms lights has been on since 2009 coz I got new wheels for it. I was just wondering if its ok with the wrx.
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.