2013 WRX-Just replaced the Stock Summer Tires Today with UHP All Season From Mavis - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX-Just replaced the Stock Summer Tires Today with UHP All Season From Mavis within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Callahan I also wish Subaru would at least offer all season tires as a no cost option. ...

Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    I also wish Subaru would at least offer all season tires as a no cost option. I don't drive my car at it's limits. I'm just an average Joe who enjoys a fun car. I swapped out the summer tires for all season tires on my 2013 WRX. I live in Ohio. A choice would be a good thing.
    +1

Question to you new 2013 WRX owners: If our WRX came stock with All Season Ultra High Performance tires -vs- Summer Performance tires (just a few years ago: Subaru only provided the WRX with A/S tires) ...would you still feel the need to swap to dedicated snow and summer tires?
    Last edited by pmacey; 12-13-2012 at 06:24 PM.
    -MACE-
    *HAVE YOU HAD YOUR WRX TODAY!*

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

2013 WRX-Just replaced the Stock Summer Tires Today with UHP All Season From Mavis

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo058 View Post
    I always drove on all-seasons before I got my WRX. No problems. I bought a set of Hankook iPike winter tires and wheels for the WRX. On a snowy morning, I went around a corner just a little bit faster than I would have with all-seasons, and hit a curb with the back end. The front end did what I wanted it to, but the back end slid out and I broke a wheel. Luckily no suspension damage, as it made a loud bang. Part of the problem is that with TPMS I have to keep like 35psi in the tires, or the TPMS light comes on. I would like to run 20-25psi on those snowy, icy roads. In conclusion, I haven't found a good solution yet, despite spending lots and lots of $$$.
    Ignore your tpms light. Mine is on all winter. It's not that bad.

Sorry to hear about the incident though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123