Snow Tires have arrived!

This is a discussion on Snow Tires have arrived! within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I ordered some General Altimax winter tires and 16 inch steel rims Saturday night. They shipped from CT Monday and ...

Snow Tires have arrived!

I ordered some General Altimax winter tires and 16 inch steel rims Saturday night. They shipped from CT Monday and ended up at my apartment tonight. Unfortunately I wasn't home when the UPS man got there. My girlfriend and her sister were at my apartment. I asked was the UPS man cranky because he had to carry 4 wheels and tires. She said they carried them from the UPS truck and placed them right in our kitchen, lucky UPS man! lol Win/Lose situation for me. Good thing is they are in a safe spot, bad part is I have to carry them back outside when I put them on Wednesday or Thursday .

Christmas in November
    2013 WRX Sedan DGM

-Paul

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I just put mine one tonight They have been sitting in my basement all summer since we had such a mild winter last year.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

haha.. those look familiar.. bought a set last year that I only put 800mi on (weather was just too warm to justify running them)

Hoping to get some winter fun time with them this year
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I was fine with the mild winter last year since I had my FWD Avenger. That is the worst vehicle I have ever driven in the snow. I'm ready for Old Man Winter this year though!
    2013 WRX Sedan DGM

-Paul

I have those same tires sitting in my basement that are going on soon. By far these are the best winter tires offered IMO. The price on them is great and they get as good if not even better reviews then the higher priced tires such as blizzarks. Mine will be going on next week.

The performance of these tires is amazing, throwing these on a WRX/STI for winter weather is like kicking old man winter square in the balls.
    2007 WRX STI- Stock 13.8@102

I Support ClubWRX

Snow Tires have arrived!

Just drove in to work with them the road noise is louder but that's fine also took about 20min for the tpms to come on flashing and then stay steady on. With this nor'easter coming to the area I get to see how they feel.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

This storm is not going to amount to much, wait until you get into 4-5" of good snow with these things, thats where they really show their worth.

I Support ClubWRX

Snow Tires have arrived!

I'm sure this storm isn't going to be that bad but I'm sure these will perform better then the stock tires. Didn't want to risk it i have a 80mile driving day and this way I can start prepping my oem wheels for a gold respray

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

oh I agree by all means its a much better choice then the crap that comes on them as far as winter driving goes. Just stating that wait until we get into the meat of winter, these tires seriously knock winter down by a few notch's.

I had a different set two years ago that came on the car that preformed quite well and then I got the General's last season and they are just awesome. I still have a ton of tread on mine they should be good for a few more winters. I put them on as late as I can and take them off as early as I can to preserve the tread life on them.

I Support ClubWRX
    Glad I put my tires on yesterday

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Good call! The storm was not bad up here at all, but none the less I'm at the dealership now getting my snow tires on and a 4 wheel alignment done.

Snow Tires have arrived!

What's considered a good deal for a set of those tires?

Sent using Tapatalk

discount tire direct sells them for $143 each.

I Support ClubWRX

Snow Tires have arrived!

For a set with steel rims I think it was 7or 8

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Re: Snow Tires have arrived!

The sight of snow.. ugh Lol. I got wheels and tires from tire rack . I kept it under $700 until the $91 shipping price . Was still cheaper then buying local.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by squiRe2001; 11-09-2012 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Messed up my spelling :(
    2013 WRX Sedan DGM

-Paul